None
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome with Ublock adblocker
Maintenance tools
Smart Defrag as my disk defragmentation software. All other maintenances are handled by myself without using any other programs.
File and Photo backup
Google Drive, Icloud
System recovery
None
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
Computer specs
I built my own pc so my device brand is Gigabyte I guess since that is my motherboard and my motherboard is the Z390 Arous Master.
I9 9900k 3.6ghz 8 core cpu overclocked to 4.7ghz
MSI Gaming GTX 1080 Gpu
Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C case
Seasonic 1000W Prime Ultra Platnum Power Supply
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 32gb ram
3 SSDS: Samsung 970 Pro 512gb NVME as my boot drive, 500gb Samsung QVO ssd as my game drive, and 500gb Samsung QVO ssd as my other game drive.
Asus DVD Burner
NZXT x63 280mm AIO with push/pull configuration using 4 140mm Be Quiet Silent Wing Fans
2 120mm and 1 140mm Case fans are also Be Quiet Silent Wing fans.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Nice!

Also a GTX 1080 (blower card) here, still works and benchmarks very well for being almost 4 years old.

Personally, I skipped the NVIDIA 2xxx series without any regrets but will be taking a very good look at the 3xxx Ampere series!
Ampere would crash it !
Nice idea try to sell it as soon as possible if possible in order to save up for Ampere.

videogamer1500

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 4, 2019
1596604969262.png

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

I know, but I find the UAC app annoying and I mostly use my pc to game on Steam and such so the Steam games should not be asking for administrator privileges.
It's because whole Steam is a security mess.

But this doesn't mean that you should disable UAC. Your account is now on Windows XP level! Highly dangerous, specially for normal end user

Nautilus

Level 2
Apr 27, 2020
Some remarks : never I repeat NEVER only rely on cloudbackup, its like playing russian roulette when Servers get hit nu a ransom attack, your data is lost! Backup your data on a physical external drive! Using macrium reflect free!

Ditch everything Chrome related and replace with Firefox and tweak ff with the privacytools.io guidelines.

Never sign in with a Microsoft account : data harvesting , telemetry.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Ditch everything Chrome related and replace with Firefox
Disagree. Firefox has weak security, malicious ways for telemetry and only care about money

tweak ff with the privacytools.io guidelines.
This makes your browser unique and only worse when using their misleading guide.

Never sign in with a Microsoft account : data harvesting , telemetry.
Disagree again. Using online Microsoft Account for Windows provide best security, backup settings (sync) and more.
Also you have full control about your data and privacy
Also you need to learn what telemetry is. It's not about spying user's

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
I know, but I find the UAC app annoying and I mostly use my pc to game on Steam and such so the Steam games should not be asking for administrator privileges.

Take a look and read it

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.