Viper007 Config

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Hello, Viper007, and thanks for sharing your config.
As far as RT is concerned, it seems to be okay. But don't you think you have too many addons, especially conflicting ones (i.e. uBlock with Adguard)? I'd suggest to reduce them to 3-4... E.g. LastPass, uBlock Origin and BD TrafficLight.
I would also recommend keeping a backup of your files either in an external device or by installing a program like AOMEI Backupper.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Yes I agree with @OneDay:
You have a lot of add ons, and also on-demand scanners. HitmanPro and Zemana AntiMalware are two very similar products both multi-engine lightweight scanners. Usually I just use EEK portable on my USB drive along with HitmanPro just in case of an emergency.

Other than some overkill I think the config is great :)

Do you have a backup plan? I have time machine via AirPort on Mac and Acronis on PC (only because I scored a free 6 month key).

Reactions: JM Safe

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
Yes I agree with @OneDay:
You have a lot of add ons, and also on-demand scanners. HitmanPro and Zemana AntiMalware are two very similar products both multi-engine lightweight scanners. Usually I just use EEK portable on my USB drive along with HitmanPro just in case of an emergency.

Other than some overkill I think the config is great :)

Do you have a backup plan? I have time machine via AirPort on Mac and Acronis on PC (only because I scored a free 6 month key).
thanks for your reply

i have always ran ublock with ad guard without issues i think they work good together and usage dont bother me, hitman pro can detect stuff zemana cant and they both use different engines, hitman uses kaspersky and bitdefender while zemana use eset and few others i believe,also i only use herd protect if i think im infected or want to check as it uses a lot of engines and its fast to, there all useful in there ways and detect things which others may not yet.

also i dont backup i just do restore points ive never used backup software and i dont think i do, im smart online and always watch what i click on and monitor my pc for any issues.

Reactions: Chromatinfish 123

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I agree with those who have said to lighten the extensions and maybe consider adding a second browser.
Looks good! Thanks for sharing your config :)

I

illumination

I agree with the over lapping ad blocking.. Also want to point out that making recovery disk, or full backups is necessary, not only in case you do get hit by something really nasty, but there is always a chance of hardware failure, one never knows... You are a gamer, which means lots of downloading should you have to start from scratch again.. ;)

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
I agree with the over lapping ad blocking.. Also want to point out that making recovery disk, or full backups is necessary, not only in case you do get hit by something really nasty, but there is always a chance of hardware failure, one never knows... You are a gamer, which means lots of downloading should you have to start from scratch again.. ;)
yh i see, but i dont really have a lot of stuff to back up just accept games and when i do fresh installs of windows i always redownload everything i have 100mb speed so i can download a game within a few mins time :), yh i got rid of adguard and kept ublock, but adguard does have good malware site blocking that i saw which is why i use it so im gonna see how that goes.

Reactions: illumination

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.