RE: Anti Virus premium

Could you provide a link?

Are there any restrictions?

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
RE: Anti Virus premium

http://www.vipreantivirus.com/Software/VIPRE-Premium-Antivirus/

Click the buy now and change option to pc lifetime. As per chat with Live support I cannot see any restrictions

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
RE: Anti Virus premium Lifetime license

It's too expensive for what it's worth. You would be better of buying a yearly license.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

That's an expensive yet probably few customers will do to buy a lifetime license.

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011

I agree with Storm, it is expensive and considering we don't know what will become of VIPRE in the future, it's probably not worth buying. Imagine if for some reason, the product would be discontinued or something similar happening. A yearly license if a much better choice.

I

illumination

Considering what others have said, and the fact that it is not transferable to another pc should you have a problem, i would say it is not worth it.

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
From what live support was telling me if your " hard drive " crashed they could transfer the code over

I

illumination

darkelixa said:
From what live support was telling me if your " hard drive " crashed they could transfer the code over

I went to check on that, and you are correct, they will do it one time only, other then this, if you switch machines for any reason, it is not transferable, hence PC lifetime.

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
If you bought the license for 3 pcs that would be classed as 3 differnet pcs you buy also

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011

Dejan said:
I agree with Storm, it is expensive and considering we don't know what will become of VIPRE in the future, it's probably not worth buying. Imagine if for some reason, the product would be discontinued or something similar happening. A yearly license if a much better choice.

Totally agree, since Sunbelt got bought out by GFI, we don't know what the future will hold for VIPRE.
I tried it for the first time last month on my WinXP system, and after I installed it, it refused to update definitions. No matter what I did, it would not update with only Windows default firewall. I had to go to their support site and manually download the latest definition file and import into VIPRE. I tried it for 3 days and still it refused to auto update so I got rid of it. I can remember before the same problem applied to CounterSpy.

The definition files are way too large, it hasn't changed since CounterSpy. Many users can't auto update which basically makes it useless for them. In order to make VIPRE more successful, the definition files are going to have to be reduced in size and they are going to have to improve their update servers.

Thanks.:D

D

Deleted member 178

If comodo can reduce it definition file, so VIPRE may do it too

D

Deleted member 178

comodo plan to reduce the 1st update after installation from 180mb to 80mb

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Just learnt if you buy there 3+ lifetime license that covers up to 10 pcs for all hardware replacements.. seems like a good investment

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
darkelixa said:
Just learnt if you buy there 3+ lifetime license that covers up to 10 pcs for all hardware replacements.. seems like a good investment

Investment? :p How much does that cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.