VIPRE Rescue Scanner description
A command-line utility that will scan and clean an infected computer
The VIPRE Rescue Scanner application was developed to be a command-line utility that will scan and clean an infected computer that is so infected that programs cannot be easily run.
The VIPRE Rescue Program is packaged into a self-extracting executable file (.exe) that prompts the user for an "unpack" or installation location, then starts the scanner and performs a deep scan. The user can start the program either by opening it via windows or from the command line.
Virus definitions are included, and the program is self-running once executed. The initial scan, and all subsequent scans, include Rootkit Detection. Four command line options are available, perform a deep scan, perform a quick scan, log the events, and disabling the rootkit.
Detections are consistent with the full VIPRE, and the VIPRE Rescue Program is designed to disinfect a system so infected that a user cannot install VIPRE.
- If you are able, download the rescue program to the infected computer, otherwise download the VIPRE Rescue Program onto a USB drive or some other removable media.
- Plug the media into the infected computer.
- Navigate to the directory that contains the VIPRE Rescue Program.
- Double-click on VIPRERescue6701.exe
- At the prompt, "Do you wish to extract the VIPRE Rescue Scanner to your computer?" click Yes.
- You will be prompted for a destination folder to unzip to. Keep the default (C:\VIPRERESCUE) or enter a new folder, then click Unzip. Make sure the checkbox for "When done unzipping open: .\deep_scan.bat" is checked.
- The VIPRE Rescue Program will download the files into the destination folder. Click OK at the prompt.
- The VIPRE Rescue Program will open a command line window and run a deep scan