Vipre Sends me E-mail... "We got a perfect score"

Discussion in 'Vipre (ThreatTrack)' started by Rod McCarthy, Jun 22, 2016.

?

How would you rate VIPRE Internet Security 2016?

1. 5 Stars (Excellent)

2. 4 Stars (Very Good)

3. 3 Stars (Good)

4. 2 Stars (Fair)

5. 1 Stars (Poor)

6. I have not tried VIPRE Internet Security 2016

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Rod McCarthy

Rod McCarthy Guest

Vipre Sends me E-mail... "We got a perfect score"

Perfect Score for VIPRE in AV-Comparatives Test - VIPRE Security News

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The latest AV-Comparatives Real-World Protection Test puts VIPRE on top of the charts with a 100% block rate and ZERO false positives. The recent results are just one more example of how VIPRE’s new engine is better than ever at protecting its users.

[​IMG]
    AV-Comparatives Real-World Protection Test, May 2016

VIPRE first topped the charts back in March with a 99.3% block rate and zero false positives – toppling many big-name competitors.

The new engine is best showcased in VIPRE Internet Security Pro (home users) and VIPRE Endpoint Security (business users). The latest version boasts 50% faster scans than any other VIPRE product and cloud-enabled Advanced Active Protection to defend against existing and emerging unknown threats. Key features include:

• Advanced Active Protection: Leading technology designed to catch new threats and ransomware attacks and provide behavioral analysis and assessment of Zero-day threats and emerging malware.
    • Immediate detection of emerging threats: Catches, blocks and eliminates viruses, spyware, exploits, Trojans and more 50% faster with very low impact on system performance.
    • Instant behavioral analysis: Quickly analyzes potential cyber threats to determine if they are harmful to your computer.
    • Live URL lookup: Instant lookup in the cloud means you get the most up-to-date protection against malicious website.
    • Removable device control (business only): Ensure greater protection with scanning and control of removable devices. Admins even have flexibility to control users’ access to devices.

2. XhenEd

XhenEd Level 27
    Content Creator Trusted

Mar 1, 2014
    Philippines
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    There were posts in the Wilders forum that state that Vipre may have also bought other different licenses from Bitdefender, making it more like a Bitdefender rebrand. Vipre also, allegedly, connects to Bitdefender servers other than the server of signature detection.

Bitdefender and Vipre in the charts, though. :D

3. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

Vipre appears to be a decent internet security suite - but I have no need of such nonsense...

4. _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_ Level 52
    Trusted

Aug 2, 2015
    Retired
    Central US
    Linux Mint
    Default-Deny
    Ditto hjlbx, I have true security, and my PC resources.
    I notice the speed and responsiveness gain after freeing
    myself of the traditional Suites and bulky av solutions.
    PeAcE

Noxx, DardiM, Der.Reisende and 3 others like this.
  5. NikolayfromRussia

Jul 3, 2014
    It is not popular product at all. I don't know anyone who uses it. As shown in the chart above it's better than eset & kaspersky - unbelievable.

DardiM, Der.Reisende, XhenEd and 2 others like this.
  6. jamescv7

jamescv7 Level 61
    Trusted

Mar 15, 2011
    Web and FileMaker Developer
    Philippines
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    I know Vipre from its fine reputation on their AV.

They have indeed good protection from signatures and even their Behavior Based component.

Honestly they don't need Bitdefender engine (allegations), it will just create another adjustment on their performance. One thing I like is is their ClearCloud DNS long before which provided strong web filtering algorithm at all.

Parsh, _CyberGhosT_, DardiM and 2 others like this.
  7. Rod McCarthy

Rod McCarthy Guest

I try a lot of security software but I have also done a clean install, added all my fav software (no security products) and made a backup with AX64 TM Version 1, and Macrium. So I can try and in 3 minutes restore to the image....I was suprised by a couple packages one was Ad-aware IS it seemed as if my PC increased in speed... Vipre I think it was also very fast.

XhenEd and DardiM like this.
  8. Spawn

Spawn Administrator
    Staff Member Content Creator

Jan 8, 2011
    It's no surprise, many other vendors will use the leverage by Professional Organisation ratings to boost their reputation and provide confidence to their customers.

Example: You are more likely to buy an affordable car with better fuel consumption, than a car that drinks fuel like no tomorrow.

XhenEd, jamescv7 and _CyberGhosT_ like this.
  9. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Level 7

May 26, 2014
    Lawyer
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    I think it was me that made this post :p

My stance continue, anyone can test those claims.

Parsh, XhenEd and _CyberGhosT_ like this.
  10. Noxx

Noxx Guest

It's a fantastic product, with, or without BitDefender engine. Their IDS/HIPS is just crazy sensitive, some might love that, but it will irritate others. They need to work on the performance side of things, though, because that's what made me stop using it all together.

XhenEd, jamescv7 and _CyberGhosT_ like this.
  11. XhenEd

XhenEd Level 27
    Content Creator Trusted

Mar 1, 2014
    Philippines
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    hahaha... yeah, that must be the post I read. :D

12. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Level 7

May 26, 2014
    Lawyer
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    XhenEd and Noxx like this.
  13. Noxx

Noxx Guest

VIPRE's scanner was never really the more impressive feature, it was their HIPS/IDS. It's interesting however to see how the implementation of the BitDefender engine has contributed so much to their score. Thanks for sharing that.

XhenEd likes this.