Vipre Sends me E-mail... "We got a perfect score"

How would you rate VIPRE Internet Security 2016?

• 5 Stars (Excellent)

• 4 Stars (Very Good)

• 3 Stars (Good)

• 2 Stars (Fair)

• 1 Stars (Poor)

• I have not tried VIPRE Internet Security 2016

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
Vipre Sends me E-mail... "We got a perfect score"

Perfect Score for VIPRE in AV-Comparatives Test - VIPRE Security News

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The latest AV-Comparatives Real-World Protection Test puts VIPRE on top of the charts with a 100% block rate and ZERO false positives. The recent results are just one more example of how VIPRE’s new engine is better than ever at protecting its users.

AV-Comparatives Real-World Protection Test, May 2016

VIPRE first topped the charts back in March with a 99.3% block rate and zero false positives – toppling many big-name competitors.

The new engine is best showcased in VIPRE Internet Security Pro (home users) and VIPRE Endpoint Security (business users). The latest version boasts 50% faster scans than any other VIPRE product and cloud-enabled Advanced Active Protection to defend against existing and emerging unknown threats. Key features include:

• Advanced Active Protection: Leading technology designed to catch new threats and ransomware attacks and provide behavioral analysis and assessment of Zero-day threats and emerging malware.
  • Immediate detection of emerging threats: Catches, blocks and eliminates viruses, spyware, exploits, Trojans and more 50% faster with very low impact on system performance.
  • Instant behavioral analysis: Quickly analyzes potential cyber threats to determine if they are harmful to your computer.
  • Live URL lookup: Instant lookup in the cloud means you get the most up-to-date protection against malicious website.
  • Removable device control (business only): Ensure greater protection with scanning and control of removable devices. Admins even have flexibility to control users’ access to devices.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
There were posts in the Wilders forum that state that Vipre may have also bought other different licenses from Bitdefender, making it more like a Bitdefender rebrand. Vipre also, allegedly, connects to Bitdefender servers other than the server of signature detection.

Bitdefender and Vipre in the charts, though. :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I know Vipre from its fine reputation on their AV.

They have indeed good protection from signatures and even their Behavior Based component.

Honestly they don't need Bitdefender engine (allegations), it will just create another adjustment on their performance. One thing I like is is their ClearCloud DNS long before which provided strong web filtering algorithm at all.

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
I try a lot of security software but I have also done a clean install, added all my fav software (no security products) and made a backup with AX64 TM Version 1, and Macrium. So I can try and in 3 minutes restore to the image....I was suprised by a couple packages one was Ad-aware IS it seemed as if my PC increased in speed... Vipre I think it was also very fast.

Reactions: XhenEd and DardiM

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's no surprise, many other vendors will use the leverage by Professional Organisation ratings to boost their reputation and provide confidence to their customers.

Example: You are more likely to buy an affordable car with better fuel consumption, than a car that drinks fuel like no tomorrow.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
There were posts in the Wilders forum that state that Vipre may have also bought other different licenses from Bitdefender, making it more like a Bitdefender rebrand. Vipre also, allegedly, connects to Bitdefender servers other than the server of signature detection.

Bitdefender and Vipre in the charts, though. :D

I think it was me that made this post :p

Vipre is a rebrand of Bitdefender 2016, you can see that unlike other solutions, Vipre uses AVC too (processes are injected by avcuf64.dll and avccuf32.dll ) and you can see Nimbus.bitdefender.net Requests (BD's Cloud).
Thats why Vipre has exactly the same detection of Bitdefender 2016, unlike other solutions that only use BD Core (base signatures +HiVE and B-HAVE).

Even if it isnt the same, it is clear that Bitdefender is the star here. I posted my reply because some folks here think that Vipre has gone through a technology revamp and that isnt the case, it is all about Bitdefender technology and anyone can verify.

Ps: I am talking about Internet Security Pro, that is the version that was tested by AV-Comparatives.

All BD technology ...

My stance continue, anyone can test those claims.

N

Noxx

Thread author
It's a fantastic product, with, or without BitDefender engine. Their IDS/HIPS is just crazy sensitive, some might love that, but it will irritate others. They need to work on the performance side of things, though, because that's what made me stop using it all together.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I dont know if the "original", "in-house" Vipre can be called fantastic.

2015 without Bitdefender "rebrand":
3a558580648547778018f28db7b7ae69.png

http://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/avc_prot_2015a_en.pdf

Sunbelt Vipre was a very interesting product at its time, but ThreatTrack Vipre is Bitdefender and that isnt a problem, if you like, just use it.

Reactions: XhenEd and Noxx
N

Noxx

Thread author
I dont know if the "original", "in-house" Vipre can be called fantastic.

2015 without Bitdefender "rebrand":
3a558580648547778018f28db7b7ae69.png

http://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/avc_prot_2015a_en.pdf

Sunbelt Vipre was a very interesting product at its time, but ThreatTrack Vipre is Bitdefender and that isnt a problem, if you like, just use it.

VIPRE's scanner was never really the more impressive feature, it was their HIPS/IDS. It's interesting however to see how the implementation of the BitDefender engine has contributed so much to their score. Thanks for sharing that.

Reactions: XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.