Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
VirtualBox 7.0.6 (released January 17 2023)

This is a maintenance release. The following items were fixed and/or added:
  • VMM: Fixed guru running the FreeBSD loader on older Intel CPUs without unrestricted guest support (bug #21332)
  • GUI: Fixed virtual machines grouping when VM was created or modified in command line (bugs #11500, #20933)
  • GUI: Introduced generic changes in settings dialogs
  • VirtioNet: Fixed broken network after loading saved state (bug #21172)
  • Storage: Added support for increasing the size of the following VMDK image variants: monolithicFlat, monolithicSparse, twoGbMaxExtentSparse, twoGbMaxExtentFlat
  • VBoxManage: Added missing --directory switch for guestcontrol mktemp command
  • Mouse Integration: Guest was provided with extended host mouse state (bug #21139)
  • DnD: Introduced generic improvements
  • Guest Control: Fixed handling creation mode for temporary directories (bug #21394)
  • Linux Host and Guest: Added initial support for building UEK7 kernel on Oracle Linux 8
  • Linux Host and Guest: Added initial support for RHEL 9.1 kernel
  • Windows Host: Fixed support for VM autostart (bug#21349)
  • Linux Guest Additions: Added initial support for kernel 6.2 for vboxvideo
  • Audio: The "--audio" option in VBoxManage is now marked as deprecated; please use "--audio-driver" and "--audio-enabled" instead. This will allow more flexibility when changing the driver and/or controlling the audio functionality

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I am running VMware 16.2.5 aok with 2 win10 guests and 1 linux guest. I have run VirtualBox in past, If I install VB on this host will it bork VMware?? Any idea? Any reason to try VB again??

Reactions: Stopspying

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I am running VMware 16.2.5 aok with 2 win10 guests and 1 linux guest. I have run VirtualBox in past, If I install VB on this host will it bork VMware?? Any idea? Any reason to try VB again??
I can't answer your question directly but I've tended to use VBox over VMware, early last year I needed to install VMware for a course that I was doing, VBox and VMware did not play nicely together,

• Thanks
Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.