Vivaldi slams Microsoft's recent Edge moves calling them "openly abusing" and "desperate"

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
In the latest of such developments, we found the company calling its own browser more trustworthy than Google's "so 2008" Chrome, though there may certainly be some truth to it.

In a recent blog post by Vivaldi CEO Jon von Tetzchner titled "Microsoft back to its old tricks to get an edge on the competition", the Edge rival has slammed Microsoft over this "blatantly anti-competitive" practice, calling it "openly abusing" and "desperate".

it is frustrating in 2021 to find Microsoft blatantly engaging in anti-competitive practices once again
[...]

Microsoft’s moves seem desperate. And familiar.

[..] This is not the behavior of a confident company developing a superior browser. It’s the behavior of a company openly abusing its powerful position to push people to use its inferior product, simply because it can.

The post has been headlined with the image (above) showing Microsoft's Edge in the form of the Devil with two horn-like projections protruding out from the top of Edge's logo.

The rest

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
I've noticed the pop-ups as I use Brave as default, not a major issue from my point of view, a while back Chrome was bundled with most shareware programs :devilish: This sort of thing has been going on for years until it's reined in again.

Reactions: show-Zi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.