Mac Monterey 12.6.2
Infected device issues
Vividcaptcha at top is still present
Browsers affected by infection
  1. Chrome
Browser Settings: Homepage and Default Search Engine
Apple Safari
Browser extensions
1Password, Evernote Web Clipper, Pinterest Save Button, Google Play Music, Adobe Edge Inspect CC, Google Docs Offline, uBlock

Meredith Daggett

Thread author
Jan 5, 2023
I have a Mac, ran through all the removal steps to remove Vividcaptcha at cop on Safari. I never saw it in any list but at the end I got a message that said it was removed. I restarted my computer. Opened Safari and all seemed fine. Then I opened Chrome browser to see what would happen and up popped a Vividcaptcha at top notification. Do I have to remove Vividcaptcha at top on Chrome as well?

Last edited by a moderator:

Meredith Daggett

Thread author
Jan 5, 2023
I think my son answered my question for me. He reminded me there is a button for each browser you might be using. The first is for Safari and yes another one is for Chrome on Mac. I completed the steps for doing that. Never saw a list of components that would be reset but I continued on anyway and now it seems as though the notifications are gone! Or at least I haven't seen any pop up notifications in an hour. Yay!!!! I hope my situation might also help someone else. Thank you MalwareTips!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.