New Update VoodooShield CyberLock 7.0

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
When you left click the View attachment 282229 icon once it turns the protection to View attachment 282230 and with taps enabled on my laptop I unlock it by mistake now and then.

I'd forgotten about just hiding that icon an and therefore solving the issue thanks to @oldschool ;)

Yeah, been a long day and a long week :D
Wow, never knew that & here when I left-click on CL shield nothing happens, so I guess I'm happy with that, when I right-click the shield I get the systray menu. I have always just changed any VS/CL settings by right-clicking systray icon and selecting from menu -- less in a hurry now-a-days. My only snafu with CL is sometimes forgetting to disable during a installation, Dan can't fix that :ROFLMAO:... :rolleyes:

Reactions: danb and Freki123

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
@rashmi Thanks that seems to be the difference (at least for me). With smartmode I can toggle with just a left click.

@danb Is there any way to prevent the toggle for CL from locked to unlocked (in smartmode) for the trayicon without maybe using "Require admin approval before letting the user allow new, non-whitelisted files"?
Because even setting a password doesn't prevent me from toggling CL (smartmode) to unlocked with a "accidental" left click from the system tray under SUA.I hoped that would have been the purpose for the password.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Not an issue but noticed when checking some windows logs that bypass io isn't compatible because of the VSScanner driver. Any plans to update the driver to be compatible? @danb

1710676422600.png

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
CL working really well on my PC. I do have a habit of somehow not right clicking correctly and occasionally Unlocking CL by accident. Is there a possibility of the change from Locked to Unlocked be for example a Shift + Left Mouse Click? Just an idea.
Thank you for letting me know, this is the first time a user has brought this to our attention. We could easily add an option to disable the left click, but we are trying to remove features that most users do not actually use, as much as possible. But this might be an option at some point.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
@rashmi Thanks that seems to be the difference (at least for me). With smartmode I can toggle with just a left click.

@danb Is there any way to prevent the toggle for CL from locked to unlocked (in smartmode) for the trayicon without maybe using "Require admin approval before letting the user allow new, non-whitelisted files"?
Because even setting a password doesn't prevent me from toggling CL (smartmode) to unlocked with a "accidental" left click from the system tray under SUA.I hoped that would have been the purpose for the password.
There are several things we could do that would be super easy, we just need to think it over a little and try to figure out how much users would actually use this feature, thank you!

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Not an issue but noticed when checking some windows logs that bypass io isn't compatible because of the VSScanner driver. Any plans to update the driver to be compatible? @danb

Yeah, our digital signature needs to be renewed in the next few months. Once we do that, we will update the driver and sign it, thank you!

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Thank you for letting me know, this is the first time a user has brought this to our attention. We could easily add an option to disable the left click, but we are trying to remove features that most users do not actually use, as much as possible. But this might be an option at some point.
No problem. It's only happened a handful of times so not really any sort of a priority ;)

Victor M

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 3, 2022
Yeah, our digital signature needs to be renewed in the next few months
It would Greatly simplify WDAC configuration if you sign all the files distributed with CyberLock. Then I can create 1 single Publisher rule and all the signed files will be approved by WDAC.
]

Reactions: simmerskool

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
It would Greatly simplify WDAC configuration if you sign all the files distributed with CyberLock. Then I can create 1 single Publisher rule and all the signed files will be approved by WDAC.
]
All of the files should be signed, either by VoodooSoft or Microsoft. Remember, a few months ago I went through all of the files to make sure they were signed. Did you find some files that are not signed? Thank you!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.