New Update VoodooShield CyberLock 7.0

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
Thank you for letting me know. I have never seen this happen, but I am sure it is an easy fix. If you guys get a chance, can you please send me a screenshot of what you are talking about? Thank you!
Dan find enclosed screenshot you asked.
Note: On VS and DUI miniprompts you wont see the banner at all.

Attachments

• Banner VS - DUI.png
    Banner VS - DUI.png
    924.1 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
Voodooshield.exe, voodooshieldservice.exe & registry key for VoodooShieldService flagged as 'medium severity' risk on a scan by Norton Power Eraser run today. Voodooshield version installed is the latest 6.81 beta. NPE is not an on-demand scanner I use that often but Voodooshield was the only items flagged... I ignored it :)

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I am still working on the challenge that @danb gave me...
Here is a test on a Nanocore RAT that I encrypted with a crypter (FUD) that connects to my VPS...
I stole the signature of Process Explorer and the icon.
Voodoo detects well the action in SAFE (except Whitelist Cloud), I just have to finish coding everything ;)

1638203798855.png

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Voodooshield.exe, voodooshieldservice.exe & registry key for VoodooShieldService flagged as 'medium severity' risk on a scan by Norton Power Eraser run today. Voodooshield version installed is the latest 6.81 beta. NPE is not an on-demand scanner I use that often but Voodooshield was the only items flagged... I ignored it :)
Thank you for letting me know. I have submitted FP's to them on several occasions and they have never fixed them. I will get someone on the phone there this week.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I am still working on the challenge that @danb gave me...
Here is a test on a Nanocore RAT that I encrypted with a crypter (FUD) that connects to my VPS...
I stole the signature of Process Explorer and the icon.
Voodoo detects well the action in SAFE (except Whitelist Cloud), I just have to finish coding everything ;)

View attachment 262351
Very cool, you are getting close! Thanks again!

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
BTW, the size changes to VS's gui is complete, but I want to test it a little more before I release it.

The old width of the settings gui was 823, and I increased it to 900. We do not want to go much above 900 if possible, simply because there are actually monitors still in use with lower resolutions ;).

So most of the text cut offs are fixed, but there will still be some text in some languages that are cut off, but we will have to fix them manually. I think most of these are a result of of the translator duplicating the text, and putting the alternative text in parenthesis. So basically I just need to go through each language and figure out which texts are cut off, and remove the duplicate translation that is enclosed in parenthesis.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
BTW, the size changes to VS's gui is complete, but I want to test it a little more before I release it.

The old width of the settings gui was 823, and I increased it to 900. We do not want to go much above 900 if possible, simply because there are actually monitors still in use with lower resolutions ;).

So most of the text cut offs are fixed, but there will still be some text in some languages that are cut off, but we will have to fix them manually. I think most of these are a result of of the translator duplicating the text, and putting alternative text in parenthesis. So basically I just need to go through each language and figure out which texts are cut off, and remove the duplicate translation that is enclosed in parenthesis.
Let me know if I can help with the Dutch translation.

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
How funny, I never knew this was an issue. It should be fixed now, please let me know how it goes, thank you!
VS 6.81 beta
SHA-256: e5fcce0553a887b4611068b614379c208896c4d34a974fc6e936ac79ede0d3f4
Thanks for the effort but the issue still persist. I keep DISM icon on startmenu , flagged by both VS and DUI, to test it.
No issue when it is flagged invoked from folder/file. Nor when invoked from taskabar icon. That is funny.

Attachments

• VS banner.png
    VS banner.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 151
  • VS  taskbar banne is fine (2).png
    VS taskbar banne is fine (2).png
    1.8 MB · Views: 181
Last edited:

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Thanks for the effort but the issue still persist. I keep DISM icon on startmenu , flagged by both VS and DUI, to test it.
No issue when it is flagged invoked from folder/file. Nor when invoked from taskabar icon. That is funny.
Very cool, thank you. I think I just need to reproduce this on my system, then it should be an easy fix. Can you please email or post the steps to reproduce, including the how you are creating the DISM icon, so that I am not guessing at anything?

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Dan

I was going to run Dr Web Curit but the data base was outdated and want you to download yhe new exe. I went to delete the old exe first and got a popup about VS holding onto the file. Is there a timeout to as long as VS holds the file before it can be deleted?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-30 101805.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-30 101805.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 139

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Dan

I was going to run Dr Web Curit but the data base was outdated and want you to download yhe new exe. I went to delete the old exe first and got a popup about VS holding onto the file. Is there a timeout to as long as VS holds the file before it can be deleted?

Thanks
I am guessing that VS was uploading the file to WLC, and since it is 249 MB, it might take a little while depending on the upload connection speed.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I am guessing that VS was uploading the file to WLC, and since it is 249 MB, it might take a little while depending on the upload connection speed.
yes, it is still analyzing after two days.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.