Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Cool, thank you, here is the version with the wider Settings, please let me know if I should just remove the text in the parenthesis or not.

VS 6.82 beta
SHA-256: 92ba7900fd7d1c4224f768833257e070497e027c6302bdc61b99746cfc338696
Yes, remove the text in the parenthesis.
And maybe we have to shorten a few others.

Here are screenshots from version 6.82 in Dutch of the problem areas

Schermafbeelding 2021-12-02 173350.jpgSchermafbeelding 2021-12-02 173449.jpgSchermafbeelding 2021-12-02 173516.jpgSchermafbeelding 2021-12-02 173540.jpg

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Just out of curiosity, when hoovering mouse over the weather icon in tray, is there any risk of doing so? I notice VS shield does not turn blue when doing so.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-02 103649.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-02 103649.png
    860.6 KB · Views: 165
Reactions: danb and Nevi

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Just out of curiosity, when hoovering mouse over the weather icon in tray, is there any risk of doing so? I notice VS shield does not turn blue when doing so.
The weather app is probably already running, and it is not considered to be a Web App, so it should not turn blue, so there is no risk. Is that what you mean? Thank you!

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hi Dan
Is there any possibility that this soft was in Polish?
Probably it would help many Internet users in my country.
Both VS and DefenderUI are already in Polish ;). The Polish language is not quite as refined as some of the others, so if you have any suggestions for improvement, please let me know.

BTW, here are the other languages that VS and DefenderUI offer...

Български
中国
Česky
Dansk
Dutch
English
Estonian
Suomalainen
Français
Deutsch
Ελληνική
Hungarian
Italiano
日本語
Latvian
Lietuvių kalba
Polski
Português
Português (Brasileiro)
Românesc
Русский
Slovenská
Slovenski
Español
Svenska
Turkish (net yet in DefenderUI)

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I found one typo on UI in German language, even it's too much content, so I had to max settings-window...

VS.png

I don't know who made the German translation, a few details sounds "weird" to me as native German speaker :unsure:

F

ForgottenSeer 92963

@danb

Hi Dan I gave latest VS a try. Looked good. One thing I noticed. Because Edge preloads (so Edge loads faster than other browsers), the smart mode now is the same as Always ON. I did not mind that Microsoft cheated by pre-loading Edge (because it is my browser of choice), but I had not realized this Microsoft trick sort of turned SMART into ALWAYS ON on (because Edge keeps loaded in memory even when people close the browser).

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
@danb

Hi Dan I gave latest VS a try. Looked good. One thing I noticed. Because Edge preloads (so Edge loads faster than other browsers), the smart mode now is the same as Always ON. I did not mind that Microsoft cheated by pre-loading Edge (because it is my browser of choice), but I had not realized this Microsoft trick sort of turned SMART into ALWAYS ON on (because Edge keeps loaded in memory even when people close the browser).
That and the fact that you always have browser, e-mail client or Teams open nowadays is the reason I use the AutoPilot Mode.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I found one typo on UI in German language, even it's too much content, so I had to max settings-window...

View attachment 262463

I don't know who made the German translation, a few details sounds "weird" to me as native German speaker :unsure:
Thank you, please let me know if you find anything else!

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
@danb

Is this by chance a new installation of Windows? VS actually not only checks if the web app is running, it also checks to see if the web app is suspended or not. I have noticed that after a new install of Windows, Edge will take a very long time to be suspended for the first time.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
That and the fact that you always have browser, e-mail client or Teams open nowadays is the reason I use the AutoPilot Mode.
VS actually not only checks if the web app is running, it also checks to see if the web app is suspended or not. In other words, if the user is actively using a web app, VS should be on. If it is suspended, VS should be off, assuming no other web apps are running. Teams should not be listed as a web app and should not toggle, it should be listed as a vulnerable app though.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
VS actually not only checks if the web app is running, it also checks to see if the web app is suspended or not. In other words, if the user is actively using a web app, VS should be on. If it is suspended, VS should be off, assuming no other web apps are running. Teams should not be listed as a web app and should not toggle, it should be listed as a vulnerable app though.
Okay, thanks the line about actually using a web app makes thing clearer, but...
For example, my kids always have a webbrowser open with a YouTube video running on a secondary monitor when they are using their laptop.
So that app is never suspended.
I believe then AutoPilot mode will give them the least issues but still adds a lot to their protection.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Mail from @danb :

Hey Guys!

Sorry I have been away, things have been a little crazy. Here are the latest version of VoodooShield, DefenderUI and DefenderUI Pro.

I did my best on the language translations, and at this point we will just need to have native speakers refine them more. I realize that we still have to work on the VS rules feature to refine it a little more, so hopefully we can do that soon.

VS 7.00

https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield.exe

SHA-256: 219d478dab7e2391beeb5c6ab124b840178b73d3b06c228434f3b1d4a1805dec

DefenderUI 1.01

https://defenderui.com/Download/InstallDefenderUI.exe

SHA-256: 03e3efb14dea52c3857fb83277cf0903f30e0e85fc9df2d982781c40417eafc5

DefenderUIPro 1.01

https://defenderui.com/Download/InstallDefenderUIPro.exe

SHA-256: e4a934acc7f99cfbfa39cbff19dae73cea7d7c69084c95f224c71776d47c5758

Thank you guys for all of your help!

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and has an even better Happy New Year!!!

Thank you,

Dan

Sorry, I forgot to mention that VS and DefenderUI will update themselves. DefenderUI Pro will start updating itself after the 1.01 version.

Last edited:

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
danb when it is ready new UI ?
shortcut from desktop not work,why ?

Last edited:

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Isn't there an "reset to default" button in VS 7.00 anymore? I can't find any. Not talking about resetting the whitelist it's about e.g. what the default "basic and advanced...." settings have been.

Edit: Just found it. If you click the version number (which I would never do normally).

Last edited:

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
@blueblackwow65 VS needs internet access for the two services it starts (and the whitelistcloud stuff if installed). Do you have and other security/firewall software blocking them maybe?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.