New Update VoodooShield CyberLock 7.0

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
Hi Iam getting no internet detected ,but i am connected .Any fix pls.Thks

Had the same issue and reported quite few weeks ago to Dan.
Windows Defender processes:
nissrv.exe, msmpengcp.exe used to get blocked all of the time, I needed to manually allow those to get internet access though I was connected as you said.
For a while the issue seems having been solved but now and then those processes get blocked again.
When flagged by VS, I either manually allow them or wait a little and the processes eventually kicks in.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hi @danb I am still unable to use VoodooShield, hope you can guide me into the right direction.

This has been happening since forever, I keep hoping a new version will fix it, but I am starting to think it's more a PC's problem (my PC) rather than the software. Anyways, VoodooShield delays apps execution A LOT, like, seriously. At first I thought this newest module that makes sure only trusted apps are being ran was the issue, but after a clean reinstall and disabling this feature, I still get execution times that overpass 7 to 10 seconds. Many apps don't even launch after several clicks, no alerts pop up (I go to start--search the app--click it---nothing happens, start menu is still open like I never clicked).

I clean reinstalled. I even format my PC several times in the last two years and the problem persists.

My hardware is Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Intel i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM. I run Windows 10 21H2. All updates are up to date. At the moment I use Norton Antivirus Plus, but this happened as well with several other antivirus software, like BitDefender, Microsoft Defender, WiseVector, etc.

Any idea?

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hi @danb I am still unable to use VoodooShield, hope you can guide me into the right direction.

This has been happening since forever, I keep hoping a new version will fix it, but I am starting to think it's more a PC's problem (my PC) rather than the software. Anyways, VoodooShield delays apps execution A LOT, like, seriously. At first I thought this newest module that makes sure only trusted apps are being ran was the issue, but after a clean reinstall and disabling this feature, I still get execution times that overpass 7 to 10 seconds. Many apps don't even launch after several clicks, no alerts pop up (I go to start--search the app--click it---nothing happens, start menu is still open like I never clicked).

I clean reinstalled. I even format my PC several times in the last two years and the problem persists.

My hardware is Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Intel i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM. I run Windows 10 21H2. All updates are up to date. At the moment I use Norton Antivirus Plus, but this happened as well with several other antivirus software, like BitDefender, Microsoft Defender, WiseVector, etc.

Any idea?

Do you have a stable Internet connection? No firewalls to interfere with the connection?
Norton does not interfere with Voodooshield in any case

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Is it possible to have same kind of feature for voodooshield as defenderui has , right click exe and choose to exclude it from voodooshield, im talking about child processes it may spawn , it was previously problem with the game client as i had to constantly whitelist

On 7.0 i have no more issues with the gameclient and voodooshield has improved alot, im impressed

but is this kind of feature possible to have, or have people already asked for it , or does it make any sense to have thing like this? or is it already implemented , when i run voodooshield scan on exe.

voodooo.png

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Mail from @danb this morning with an update VS 7.01:
Hey Guys!

I hope everyone is doing well, sorry I have been away.

Here is the latest version of VS, there were only 2 changes…
  • Fixed a bug where new .msi files would not scan correctly.
  • Added Ukrainian language
VS 7.01

https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield.exe

SHA-256: 7234ed93b1a325df51a3d6e589fc8b433dc83759eb3aa25408550d53024ac21e

Thank you,

Dan

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Does anyone know if there is a way of delaying the start-up of Voodoshield for 30 seconds or so upon Windows log-in?
I've asked the same question in the F-Secure thread (sorry to repeat myself) but it is perhaps more likely to be seen here. I am finding a conflict with the F-Secure VPN service. It requires VS to be disabled before it can run properly. Slightly delaying start-up of VS would probably solve this.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Does anyone know if there is a way of delaying the start-up of Voodoshield for 30 seconds or so upon Windows log-in?
I've asked the same question in the F-Secure thread (sorry to repeat myself) but it is perhaps more likely to be seen here. I am finding a conflict with the F-Secure VPN service. It requires VS to be disabled before it can run properly. Slightly delaying start-up of VS would probably solve this.
Does this work for you? Delayed start of the service

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-03 162836.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-03 162836.png
    76.2 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: show-Zi and jetman

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Yes, i use the delayed start from Reg Optimizer and i set 30 sec delay for the VS main exe.
There are many giveaways of this program on the internet if you don't want to buy it. You can also use a previous version, it works great.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Yes, i use the delayed start from Reg Optimizer and i set 30 sec delay for the VS main exe.
There are many giveaways of this program on the internet if you don't want to buy it. You can also use a previous version, it works great.
yes 30 sec is windows default which is 120000 in the reg. set it to 180000.

n8chavez

Level 16
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021

You could always manually start VS by adding it to a script scheduled to run at startup. Something like:

START C:\Progra~1\VoodooShield\VoodooShield.exe timeout /T 30

but this requires you to disable autostart in the app.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018

I was going to suggest setting VS to Automatic (Delayed Start) in Services/Properties but something compelled me to look it up and here's a thread on this very thing.

This is like over five years old, but I somehow doubt Voodooshield was changed in this regard (pls correct if mistaken). Others said they could delay the startup of VS successfully, without connection errors. I looked online but the delay is by default for 2 minutes-- that's a bit long. You can modify the registry for shorter times it seems, but I ain't going there. There's some guides on that online.

:unsure:

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
You can set the service to Delayed Start, but the VoodooShieldService will still start pretty quick, so this probably will not help.

This should be an easy fix though. Can you please reproduce the block (by restarting your machine), then send me the C:\ProgramData\VoodooShield\DeveloperLog.log file? One other VS user had a similar VPN issue today and they fixed it by doing a clean install of VS, so that might help as well. If you do a clean install, just make sure you click Yes when VS asks if you want to delete the settings and logs. Thank you!

n8chavez

Level 16
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Is there any way, perhaps by custom rule to allow anything downloaded by winget to install? That way I can use my "winget upgrade -all" script via scheduler.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Is there any way, perhaps by custom rule to allow anything downloaded by winget to install? That way I can use my "winget upgrade -all" script via scheduler.
There are a couple of things you can try. What is the path of your winget install? If you change it to C:\Program Files\Winget (or whatever), it will probably work better. Or you can try to add an Allow rule in VS.

n8chavez

Level 16
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
There are a couple of things you can try. What is the path of your winget install? If you change it to C:\Program Files\Winget (or whatever), it will probably work better. Or you can try to add an Allow rule in VS.

As far as I am aware, Winget is baked into the OS. It's not something I manually added.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.