New Update VoodooShield CyberLock 7.0

smokeyjoe

Level 1
Verified
Dec 25, 2016
Hope this is the right place to ask this - but has anyone experienced a significant slowdown when shutting down your PC since updating to version 7.02?

I'm troubleshooting my issue and the only change I made to my system was updating VS. It only occurred at night when I shut down after logging out of steam after a long gaming session (which did include a game that used Easy Anti Cheat - I refer to that due to the recent thread below this one).

I did just update to version 7.03 but have not tested yet.

Reactions: show-Zi

Virus1x

Level 1
Verified
Nov 6, 2014
Hope this is the right place to ask this - but has anyone experienced a significant slowdown when shutting down your PC since updating to version 7.02?

I'm troubleshooting my issue and the only change I made to my system was updating VS. It only occurred at night when I shut down after logging out of steam after a long gaming session (which did include a game that used Easy Anti Cheat - I refer to that due to the recent thread below this one).

I did just update to version 7.03 but have not tested yet.
7.03 is out.

Reactions: show-Zi
F

ForgottenSeer 77194

Hello, I have a specific problem with Voodooshield.
Every few seconds VoodooShieldService rises to 15% CPU and then falls to 0%.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Mail from @danb :
Hey guys,

Here is 7.04. There were not any actual bug fixes, but I optimized the new contextual engine and it seems to be smoking now.

If you have experienced any bugs or slowdowns, please try 7.04!!! Try it anyway, it is by far the best VS release ever.

VS 7.04

https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield704.exe

SHA-256: 3787983491370477be4f4b165bf4545cb638d7f3928539ecdc28d0835e8230b0

We are not going to release it to the public yet, so VS will not auto update this time, you will have to exit out of VS and manually install it. Once we release it to the public it will auto update.

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
VS 7.04 (smart mode agressive) still getting the popup for that. I'm pretty sure I reported it month ago per email. I wish VS would have a working and maintained "report false positive" option. Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi for some reason for a first time ,I am seeing 15% cpu usage and 112mb ram ,never seen before.It settled down but still weird.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hello, I have a specific problem with Voodooshield.
Every few seconds VoodooShieldService rises to 15% CPU and then falls to 0%.
Does this happen in Smart and also Always ON mode, or just one of the modes?

Can you please email your C:\ProgramData\VoodooShield\DeveloperLog.log file to support at voodooshield.com? Thank you!

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
VS 7.04 (smart mode agressive) still getting the popup for that. I'm pretty sure I reported it month ago per email. I wish VS would have a working and maintained "report false positive" option.View attachment 265692
This will be fixed in 7.05, thank you for letting me know! Sometime soon I hope to write a little app that will let me quickly approve the false positives that are reported.

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Sometime soon I hope to write a little app that will let me quickly approve the false positives that are reported.
That would really be great. For me fp were always the reason for uninstalling VS. When there is some clear fp I just want to report it with a button and not with pictures+text to an support email.
Testing 7.04 again and so far it's good for me :)

F

ForgottenSeer 77194

Does this happen in Smart and also Always ON mode, or just one of the modes?

Can you please email your C:\ProgramData\VoodooShield\DeveloperLog.log file to support at voodooshield.com? Thank you!
I am using Autopilot Mode.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey Guys,

Here is the latest VS. There were a couple of bug fixes and optimizations, and I think we are pretty much bug free after all of the changes in Version 7.00.

I completely reworked the auto activation / reactivation / deactivation, and it is a lot more simplified under the hood, but if you guys notice anything funny please let me know. This was to fix a bug that was reported where VS would start in Training mode when the computer was restarted. Thankfully VS should have toggled to ON once the computer was at risk, but it was a good thing to fix either way.

I also optimized the code to fix the issue of small cpu utilization spikes in the VoodooShieldService. Both VoodooShield and VoodooShieldService should pretty much have 0% utilization most of the time, but there will be times when VS has to do some heavy lifting, so from time to time VS will use small amounts of CPU. So anyway, it should be a little lighter than before.

Also, if the VoodooShieldService memory utilization gets to be too high, please let me know, I made some changes in that code as well, but I think we will be okay.

VS 7.05
SHA-256: 637e8fbf9a38079fdbcddaf32708b4f20d0f98cc92e58344380d4c408a675fec

I believe all reported bugs are fixed, but if you guys find anything else please let me know. I am going to start working on some new DefenderUI stuff now ;).

Edit: Ooops, sorry, there was one last change, the correct hash is: b82906e29f01757118303273504952df209e27478b47d07a5ea7a97d6be8e4e8

Thank you,

Dan

Last edited:

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
Hey Guys,

Here is the latest VS. There were a couple of bug fixes and optimizations, and I think we are pretty much bug free after all of the changes in Version 7.00.

I completely reworked the auto activation / reactivation / deactivation, and it is a lot more simplified under the hood, but if you guys notice anything funny please let me know. This was to fix a bug that was reported where VS would start in Training mode when the computer was restarted. Thankfully VS should have toggled to ON once the computer was at risk, but it was a good thing to fix either way.

I also optimized the code to fix the issue of small cpu utilization spikes in the VoodooShieldService. Both VoodooShield and VoodooShieldService should pretty much have 0% utilization most of the time, but there will be times when VS has to do some heavy lifting, so from time to time VS will use small amounts of CPU. So anyway, it should be a little lighter than before.

Also, if the VoodooShieldService memory utilization gets to be too high, please let me know, I made some changes in that code as well, but I think we will be okay.

VS 7.05
SHA-256: 637e8fbf9a38079fdbcddaf32708b4f20d0f98cc92e58344380d4c408a675fec

I believe all reported bugs are fixed, but if you guys find anything else please let me know. I am going to start working on some new DefenderUI stuff now ;).

Edit: Ooops, sorry, there was one last change, the correct hash is: b82906e29f01757118303273504952df209e27478b47d07a5ea7a97d6be8e4e8

Thank you,

Dan
Thanks for the update !

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.