New Update VoodooShield CyberLock 7.0

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Thanks oldschool. For me it sounded like "Snapshot Scan" was a new added feature (not like an manual WLC scan). :(
I may not have answered completely in above posts. VS always performs a snapshot scan upon installation. This is how it's been from the early days. Users could also perform a snap shot scan at any time from inside settings but I don't remember if that function has always been present via the context menu or just moved there.

Last edited:

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Thanks for the answer oldschool. I hoped/thought "Snapshot scan" would be something like a temporary virtual Whitelist reset (where every file on the whitelist would be checked again) not only a manual triggered WLC scan. Yes I could reset the Whitelist to get that but I hoped for an more elegant solution :D

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
@danb The VS 7.25 "Snapshot Scan" works in what way exactly?View attachment 268177E.g. I whitelisted the "suspicious" Steam game "No mans sky" when the WLC showed it as "not safe". So when I start the rightclick "Snapshot Scan" the snapshot is still labled safe. If I whitelisted "virus.exe" would something different happen?
I found no info of how "Snapshot Scan" works or what it exactly checks (including/excluding whitelisted items?) and I'm curious :)
I see what you are saying, and we could make it say Safe instead once an item is whitelisted, but I personally kinda like it the way it is, that way the user know that the initial verdict was Not Safe. Like if an admin wanted to look at a user's computer to review the logs, they would immediately see that the verdict is Not Safe and that the user whitelisted the file. Thank you!

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Thanks for the answer oldschool. I hoped/thought "Snapshot scan" would be something like a temporary virtual Whitelist reset (where every file on the whitelist would be checked again) not only a manual triggered WLC scan. Yes I could reset the Whitelist to get that but I hoped for an more elegant solution :D
There might be a better way to do this... what did you have in mind? Thank you!

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
@danb What I meant was something like VS would recheck my whole whitelist if the the VS verdict of an file changed. Like it was first labeled as safe and now with new data from VS AI or WLC the result would be "suspicious". Or from "suspicious" to outright "unsafe" (without me having to reset my whitelist).
I could archive that with disabling "Automatically allow Items that match a digital signature in the whitelist snapshot" but that would result in a performance hit (I guess) and I just hoped to have a "one button recheck".
I hope you get the idea of what I mean I can't phrase it any better (language barrier sadly).

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
@danb What I meant was something like VS would recheck my whole whitelist if the the VS verdict of an file changed. Like it was first labeled as safe and now with new data from VS AI or WLC the result would be "suspicious". Or from "suspicious" to outright "unsafe" (without me having to reset my whitelist).
I could archive that with disabling "Automatically allow Items that match a digital signature in the whitelist snapshot" but that would result in a performance hit (I guess) and I just hoped to have a "one button recheck".
I hope you get the idea of what I mean I can't phrase it any better (language barrier sadly).
I see what you are saying, thank you for the suggestion. Sure, we might be able to do something like this, let me think about the best way to implement this and we will include it in a future version.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Thanks, Dan! Updated to 7.28. Wanted to say that VS is running smoothly and above all: silently on Windows 11 Insiders beta v. 22622.450. Lovely software, glad I have it.

Have a great weekend!
Thank you plat, I appreciate that!

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey Guys,

Here is the latest version of VS! There were major changes under the hood that related to the internal security of VS, and a few small tweaks here and there.

It should be perfectly stable, but if you find anything please let me know!

VS 7.29
SHA-256: 927130e4452a6ccba45ea8f3f35fcad9dbd941f17b7fea5d7175ef3fe97f91e6

Have great weekend!

Thank you,

Dan

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey Guys!

Here is VS 7.30, it should be ready for public release, but if you find anything please let me know! There were only very minor changes from 7.29.

VS 7.30
SHA-256: d985cc93f1169aef7a660c41377f1ac66e7fb622f624c766e0dd8ac5dc7acb62

On a side note, we finally added a lifetime license option to our website Buy section, for those who are interested.

Thank you,

Dan

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Better do some fine print on the:"VOODOOSHIELD FREE HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED!!!WE WILL BE OFFERING A 50% VOODOOSHIELD PRO DISCOUNT FOR A LIMITED TIME." otherwise some might ask "why is my lifetime license not 45 $" :D

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
@danb ....such a cute dog!
Thank you, I appreciate that! Here is my new dog Gracie, we go to the park 2-3 times a day and she goes fishing 4-5 times a week.

Gracie Chillin.jpeg
Gracie Fishing.jpeg

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey Guys,

Here is the latest version of VS. I am completely out of things to fix or new features to add, so if you guys have any suggestions for VS or any of the other products, please let me know. I will release a new version of DefenderUI and DefenderUI Pro in a day or two as well.

Thank you Andreas, Gandalf_The_Grey and Tarnak for letting me know about signing the Inno Setup .tmp files, they are signed in this version, along with all of our other products.

I have already released this to the public and will push the update in a day or two. In the meantime, you can manually install over the top if you like. There is also a new modern installer wizard for VS and the other products.

VS 7.35
SHA-256: 3531dffe597af2c050ceb75f640273d2a57e09895c484d14cfd2028fc9b3eed5

Thank you,

Dan

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.