Advice Request VoodooShield Free version or Comodo Free Firewall 10

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which is better: VoodooShield free version, or Comodo Free Firewall 10 at CruelSister settings?

• VoodooShield free version

Votes: 35 40.2%
  • Comodo Free Firewall 10 at CruelSister settings

Votes: 37 42.5%
  • Both, in combo

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Default/deny solutions are not for me

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I hate polls

Votes: 6 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I see that the score for VS went up a lot since this poll first came out, which was when North America was fast asleep, the British were waking up, and the Asians were in full swing.
Based on that, I would venture to say that Americans are more likely to prefer VoodooShield.
Maybe more Americans were aware of VoodooShield.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
one more very important for the comparison is the Compatibility with other security software
as there is not one software solution for all security issues

at the momment i prefer VoodooShield Free because of eset Compatibility
There is no question about it: VS is much more compatible with other security software. It is specifically designed to be a companion app. Comodo is not.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
There is no question about it: VS is much more compatible with other security software. It is specifically designed to be a companion app. Comodo is not.
Absolutely right. I intended to mention this in my previous post but forgot. My only slight, and it is a very, very slight niggle about VS, is having to remember to disable it when installing something. Other than that is has been a pleasure to use, the total opposite of Comodo.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Comodo is for tweakers like me, believing it may be used by Average Joe is illusion.
I couldn't agree more, as I said in my last but one post, and any claims by Comodo to the contrary are wrong. For me, usability and accessibility to typical users should always be major factors when assessing the merits or otherwise of a product, and when that product can effectively only be used by a small percentage of computer users, I can't recommend it.

Last edited:

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
A few noobs are using Comodo on Cruel Sister settings only they probably don`t even realise it or care.Setup of course by more knowledgable friends or family members.

I eventually had say goodbye to Comodo after I realised that I could disable it via taskmanager...not good,otherwise I`d use both.

Regards Eck:)

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I eventually had say goodbye to Comodo after I realised that I could disable it via taskmanager:)
Not sure but I think when you disable it like that, the service is still running, and it goes into a sort of lockdown mode.

Reactions: uninfected1

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Use VS free as primary protection, and CF (at my settings) for the Outbound Firewall protection and sandbox and to catch VS if it falls.
Anyone know of real or hypothetical cases like this, where VS drops the ball, and CFW catches it?
Sounds juicy.

Reactions: uninfected1

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Anyone know of real or hypothetical cases like this, where VS drops the ball, and CFW catches it?
Sounds juicy.

what if anything needs to be tweaked in VS for it run with CFW cs setup? I asked Dan and he said he was too unfamiliar with CFW to make suggestion. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.