Voodooshield free vs NVT ExeRadar

Antimalware18

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Surprised no-one has compared these yet but i dove through 4 pages of history and didn't find a comparison.

I used to use NVT a few years ago and quite liked it.

Now a days im using voodooshield free and I really like it as well. I really like the built in virustotal functionality.

I have a bit of nostalgia when it comes to NVT though lol

so which one guys and why?

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
so which one guys and why?

Use NVT ERP. I like Voodoo Shield, but I run some scripts, and I get 8 alerts every 10 minutes with VS (free-if I paid it would work with a folder exclusion) because of them. ERP handles them withut any trouble. ERP is useful for script blocks and signature checks, but VS is much more powerful. Looking forward to the update for NVT ERP tho...

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I would adhere to your format, but I can't seeing I have not used NVT, having said that it leads me to my answer, you may
want to stick with what you "know". If it works as well as you say, and your obviously familiar with it, I am not going to attempt
to talk you into using something else. If I were you I would stick with what works "If it's not broke, don't fix it" right ?

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Voodooshield is easier to set up and run. The main rule is: when in trouble, put it in training mode.
And it has more advanced anti-exploit protection.

ERP is more customizable, and better suited for advanced users. You have to learn to use the * when you edit command lines. This is a no-brainer once you catch the hang of it, but it can be a little tedious sometimes.
ERP runs very light, and has early startup. And it doesn't make BSODs on my system, too bad I can't say the same about VS.

Voodooshield is easier to set up and run. The main rule is: when in trouble, put it in training mode.

ERP is more customizable, and better suited for advanced users. You have to learn to use the * when you edit command lines. This is a no-brainer once you catch the hang of it, but it can be a little tedious sometimes.
ERP runs very light, and has early startup. And it doesn't make BSODs on my system, too bad I can't say the same about VS.

Technically, a product does not have anti-exploit protections unless it utilizes exploit mitigations such as found in EMET, HMP.A, MBAE, Traps, etc.

Anti-executables, HIPS, and SRP technically provide post-exploit protection.

Last edited by a moderator:

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017

Thank you! BTW, I do not think there is a chance that VS is causing the BSOD... there is not a single other system that has that issue. There might be a conflict somewhere though... what other security software are you running? Email me and let me know... I do not want to hijack this thread.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Thank you! BTW, I do not think there is a chance that VS is causing the BSOD... there is not a single other system that has that issue. There might be a conflict somewhere though... what other security software are you running? Email me and let me know... I do not want to hijack this thread.
Yes, I am a real magnet for unusual problems, I guess because I am an unusual person...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.