VoodooShield - Have you tried it? Would you recommended it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date

Have you tried VoodooShield?

• Yes, I'm still using it

Votes: 64 45.4%
  • Yes, but I've uninstalled it

Votes: 35 24.8%
  • No, I have never tried VoodooShield

Votes: 35 24.8%
  • I will try it now!

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I couldn't find VoodooShield thread here so starting one.

VoodooShield - VoodooShield™ - The User-Friendly Toggling Computer Lock.
VoodooShield uses a proprietary proactive whitelist snapshot approach to virus and malware protection. VoodooShield is a patented toggling Desktop Shield Gadget / Computer Lock that automatically toggles to ON and locks your computer when you start a web app. There is never a good reason to let new, non-whitelisted executable code run while a web app is running.

Download Link - https://voodooshield.com/Download/beta3/InstallVoodooShield.exe
Recommended stable beta, compatible with Windows Vista, 7, 8, & 10
Version 3.30 Beta

User Guide - http://www.voodooshield.com/Download/VoodooShieldUserGuide.pdf

Free/Pro
What is the difference between VoodooShield Free and Pro?

The installer and software are the same. VoodooShield is free to non-commercial home users, but does not allow the user to adjust most of the settings and tweaks that are available in the Pro version. VoodooShield Free is pre-configured with optimal settings which will work great for the majority of users. VoodooShield Pro allows the user to adjust and tweak the settings and also includes several corporate features that are useful in the enterprise.

What are the System Requirements for VoodooShield?
For PC's, VoodooShield is compatible with Windows Vista through Windows 10 (32 & 64 bit).
For Servers, VoodooShield is compatible with Windows 2008 Server through Windows Server 2012 R2 (32 & 64 bit).

----------------------------------------

VoodooShield - Have you tried it? Would you recommended it?

Last edited by a moderator:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
It's good, I would recommend it.
right now I am giving Kaspersky's Trusted Application Mode another try.
that way I can consolidate all my protections -- antivirus, anti-exploit, anti-executable -- all in one program.
But if you want a companion security app, voodooshield is great.

N

NullByte

Thread author
I tried and uninstalled. The product is mediocre at best, blocks legit programs on auto-pilot (the false positives are beyond any limit). The community is hostile and will jump on you if you say anything bad (same as Comodo, Webroot), the developer is really aggressive and arrogant. The product is useless without any active internet protection, doesn't know if a file is malware or not if it's digital signed and much more (i also talked about this product in a few topics), this product is really overrated.

I will not recommend to anyone, in fact I will warn people to stay away form it.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
I have used it for quite some time and i qute like it , it froze on me a couple of times , but not as much as some people are experiencing and explaining at wilders. there are some annoying things about it : it will ad to your boottime , the loading of the program itself takes a lot of time , the program flaggs lot of valid programs / prcesses as being malicious ( even in pilot mode ). therefore it is not exactly recommended for inexperienced users imho. I think the contrary of Dan the develloper he is friendly and a very helpfull guy :)

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
the developer is really aggressive and arrogant
I think you go out of frames with this statement, what you get in return for insulting Voodooshield team?
The community is hostile and will jump on you if you say anything bad
Which community? Wilders? Are you ok today @NullByte ? :D They are open to constructive criticism like any other company, if you provide detailed feedback with your issues running VoodooShield. I think you just go way too personal on them, whats the point? ;)VoodooShield ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Good Idea to create this thread @yesnoo :)
I have used the stable 2.86 (I think:confused:) version,as well as most of the 3. Betas,and I am currently using the 3.30 Beta.
I personally think that VoodooShield is an excellent software.I continue to be impressed by its constant development,its interactive developer,and its performance in tests (such as the cruelsister video)..
IMO VoodooShield is currently in a transitional period,of which it will emerge as an even better software than it is currently..
The improvements since the stable 2.86 version are massive..
Voodoo AI is (IMO) an incredible addition (Included from 3.09 beta I think)..
There are a small number of users that are experiencing a freeze issue with the 3 betas,but Dan (with the help/feedback of forum members) has narrowed down the cause,and I am confident that the issue will be solved very soon.
I consider VoodooShield to be the best security software that I have used to date,and IMO the next 6 months will see it become a valuable,highly respected product that will be appreciated by many users of all knowledge levels.
IMO..Highly Recommended.:)

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
I've been using it for a while a few months ago I can really recommend it.
I don't use VS anymore since I think that my current setup serves me well and I don't feel like I need to add an extra layer of protection.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
in order to understand what VS is trying to do for you, you have to know what is the icing and what is the cake.
The "cake" is a good, effective anti-executable. It protects all common user areas, such as download folder and desktop, when there is no internet-facing app that is presently active. It protects all areas when you are running your browser, email client, etc

The "icing" is Artificial Intelligence that tries to guess whether the process that just got blocked is benign or malicious. It is there to make life easier for you, and you can rely on it totally, that is Autopilot, or use it as a suggestion, that is Smart Mode. The Artificial Intelligence is dumb without internet connection, but then again, if your internet is down, you probably are not getting infected right now.

VS is not a full antivirus program, obviously. But what it does, it does well. The pros will still prefer something like NVT ERP or AppGuard or ReHips, which are more configurable and more water-tight. But those programs are not as user-friendly.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I think you go out of frames with this statement, what you get in return for insulting Voodooshield team?

Which community? Wilders? Are you ok today @NullByte ? :D They are open to constructive criticism like any other company, if you provide detailed feedback with your issues running VoodooShield. I think you just go way too personal on them, whats the point? ;)VoodooShield ?
You can ignore him you know, I took him off ignore but it does not take long for him to show me I was wrong and have to add him right back rofl.

Back on point, VoodooShield is fixing to release it's Full version I noticed on Twitter.
I am very excited to hear this. Awesome Work Dan :)

N

NullByte

Thread author
Looks like you guys can't handle that someone else doesn't have the same point of view. Last time you guys went that far that a mod almost closed the thread. I explained my point of view a few times but you still can't handle that I don't like it. If you think that my post was so offensive report it. I've notice that a lot of fanboys from Wilders came here and sent me messages, when you get a free pro key you will always say good things and jump on others. SecureAPlus has the same way, you write articles or posts that make it look good and you get premium keys.

VoodooShield is a cult like Comodo and Webroot. There is a high chance that I will stop posting and not make the second part of "Bypassing security products part 2".

Reactions: shmu26

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Looks like you guys can't handle that someone else doesn't have the same point of view. Last time you guys went that far that a mod almost closed the thread. I explained my point of view a few times but you still can't handle that I don't like it. If you think that my post was so offensive report it. I've notice that a lot of fanboys from Wilders came here and sent me messages, when you get a free pro key you will always say good things and jump on others. SecureAPlus has the same way, you write articles or posts that make it look good and you get premium keys.

VoodooShield is a cult like Comodo and Webroot. There is a high chance that I will stop posting and not make the second part of "Bypassing security products part 2".
:(
=> keep posting ! That's good to have several point of view :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.