Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hello Malwaretippers!

Today, after days of fighting against the great VS, i had to uninstall it. Why?

• My system was affected on the boot and turn off on a negative way (my SSD never had issue with VoodooShield, but reciently it seems it had)
  • Wait time to open a program was desesperatly high. Due to my good system specs and my SSD, VoodooShield never gave me trouble on this. Of course, i used to wait a little longer because of VS scanning on the exe, but now, i had to wait literally minutes for my system to open WHITELISTED software.

Everything i mention didn't happen when i turned VoodooShield to DISABLE/INSTALL mode. Uninstall has solved this. My question remains: is anyone experiencing issues with the software? Has a negative update been released? Any uses Emsisoft IS + VS to confirm me this is the incompatibility?

Comments are appreciated. Have a good day.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
A little off topic but aren't you using Avast according to your profile? Anway, did you try excluding Voodoosheild from Avast or Emisoft? They might be causing complications if there all trying to make sure the file is not a virus. I was actually taking to Voodoosheild support earlier. Their pretty quick and I'm sure they can help you a lot better than most since its their product. Good luck on solving your issue!

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
A little off topic but aren't you using Avast according to your profile? Anway, did you try excluding Voodoosheild from Avast or Emisoft? They might be causing complications if there all trying to make sure the file is not a virus. I was actually taking to Voodoosheild support earlier. Their pretty quick and I'm sure they can help you a lot better than most since its their product. Good luck on solving your issue!
To start with, thanks for your response. I just bought Emsisoft to remove Avast which was giving me trouble (i think i made a thread on that?). Still, i'll go right now and update my profile and settings. I actually never tried to whitelist VoodooShield on EIS, since i thought VS used a cloud scan and would not interfer with Emsisoft's engine.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
To start with, thanks for your response. I just bought Emsisoft to remove Avast which was giving me trouble (i think i made a thread on that?). Still, i'll go right now and update my profile and settings. I actually never tried to whitelist VoodooShield on EIS, since i thought VS used a cloud scan and would not interfer with Emsisoft's engine.
Its not the engine you should be whitelisting it against, its the file protection and BB ;)

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Dev Dan is pretty busy dude, but very "matter-of-fact" and nice guy. He has always something going on and he take's question and suggestions seriously and overall reliable guy. I have also some problems with VS in the past and i got my answer right away in MT community "neighbor" or direct in email. Just give your shot him, or of course here are guys who are in guru's of VS could help for sure, wish you luck!

Reactions: RoboMan

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
I've been experiencing some slowdowns with VS also.
VoodooAi takes a lot longer to calculate than it used to; uninstalling and reinstalling don't change anything and VoodooShield's processes are excluded in EIS.

Reactions: shmu26 and RoboMan

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I've been experiencing some slowdowns with VS also.
VoodooAi takes a lot longer to calculate than it used to; uninstalling and reinstalling don't change anything and VoodooShield's processes are excluded in EIS.
Having just that to go on leaves it open to so many causes, like but not limited to: Internet issues, memory issues ect.
I would PM Dan over at Wilders and see what he tells you, that's too broad a scope for even me to wager a guess.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Thanks everybody for your help. So far, after re-install, whitelistining VoodooShield.exe and VoodooShieldService.exe on Emsisoft's software "kind of" resolved the problem. I'll wait a few days to check this is correct, and will come with the final veredict. Stay safe!

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Since 3.52, I noticed the exact same thing. Running Kaspersky, have both processes of Voodoo whitelisted properly.
Insanely high CPU usage during Idle (30-40%) coming straight from Voodoo's process on 4 core i5 and 60 to 90% when something is being opened.
Happening both in Autopilot and Smart mode, hell even in Disabled/Install mode..

Had to uninstall it cause it was unbearable, took a good 1 minute for anything to open properly.

Reinstalling doesn't help. I hope there is something done about it, didn't pay for it to never use it again.
Was fine before 3.52 with the same setup.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I'll agree. Too much delay compared to the earlier version.
Have disabled it for now. Adding to AV's exception list is well needed if that isn't done. My KIS used to even delay the entire VDS process as my heuristics is high with on access mode. Added to exceptions and it improved a bit.

Reactions: RoboMan and mekelek

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I'll agree. Too much delay compared to the earlier version.
Have disabled it for now. Adding to AV's exception list is well needed if that isn't done. My KIS used to even delay the entire VDS process as my heuristics is high with on access mode. Added to exceptions and it improved a bit.
i have heuristics disabled in my KIS so that isn't the issue, and i have both processes excluded/whitelisted everywhere, it is definitely not KIS causing the problem. also a friend of mine has the same issue without any AV/Security suite installed.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
i have heuristics disabled in my KIS so that isn't the issue, and i have both processes excluded/whitelisted everywhere, it is definitely not KIS causing the problem. also a friend of mine has the same issue without any AV/Security suite installed.
Yeah, as I mentioned, VDS latest version has brought this issue up.
I mentioned about KIS for supporting the fact that if VDS is not whitelisted, that can elevate the delay times.
BTW, why have you entirely disabled heuristics. KIS has a powerful one and is quite important for basic protection too.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Yeah, as I mentioned, VDS latest version has brought this issue up.
I mentioned about KIS for supporting the fact that if VDS is not whitelisted, that can elevate the delay times.
BTW, why have you entirely disabled heuristics. KIS has a powerful one and is quite important for basic protection too.
I have low-high restricted apps on auto-deny by the trusted applications mode, hence heuristics is really unnecessary and i dont like the slowdown.

Reactions: RoboMan and Parsh

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I have low-high restricted apps on auto-deny by the trusted applications mode, hence heuristics is really unnecessary and i dont like the slowdown.
Its not just about the apps. Malicious files especially some polymorphic threats can be can be detected by heuristics in file shield. The Low-High restriction domains applied to apps is good for control and restriction for the active apps and their powers. System watcher will definitely be at work.
But the heuristics in on-demand and file antivirus shield will provide better proactive as well as preventive protection against unknown malicious files in general. A light-medium level of heuristics will be better than none.

Reactions: RoboMan and mekelek

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Its not just about the apps. Malicious files especially some polymorphic threats can be can be detected by heuristics in file shield. The Low-High restriction domains applied to apps is good for control and restriction for the active apps and their powers. System watcher will definitely be at work.
But the heuristics in on-demand and file antivirus shield will provide better proactive as well as preventive protection against unknown malicious files in general. A light-medium level of heuristics will be better than none.
switched to low, will take your advice.

Reactions: RoboMan and Parsh

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
I have KIS pretty much like harlan4096 conf little bit different and VS version 3.51 in smart mode, and everything goes smooth.

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Seems like we're all having the same issue!

So far, i uninstalled VoodooShield, and re-installed with the lastest version from the original website. Added to Emsisoft exclusions and everything's back to normal. It has been a day with no problems.

Reactions: shmu26

AMD1

Level 5
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
Hi,

Could someone advise where to whitelist VoodooShield.exe and VoodooShieldService.exe in KIS 2017 please

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.