App Review VoodooShield- Messin' with Malware

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
impressive.
what does it mean that the last one "remained in memory"? I didn't understand that part.
Usually when a malware is blocked it also gets killed. As you see from the video the rest of the malware that was run are not in memory(you see what is running from process explorer window) .

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
thanks.
and what are the practical consequences of it remaining in memory?
Probably the malware is suspended. I am not an expert to tell you how a malware can get out of that state and run. Maybe someone can help with that. In my understanding it can't do anything and will go away on restart but VS should have killed it.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Probably the malware is suspended. I am not an expert to tell you how a malware can get out of that state and run. Maybe someone can help with that. In my understanding it can't do anything and will go away on restart but VS should have killed it.
So if Voodoo blocks a nasty, it would be a good idea to reboot, just in case.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
I know that And I am active there too with this same dashing username:p

I think will start a VS thread here too

ok sorry I did not realise that about you being active on wilders also , but you have a great plan there : creating a thread about vs! it certainly is an interesting / promissing product , which deserves it's own thread!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.