Battle Voodooshield, Novirusthanks or AppGuard - Which is better companion for antivirus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby holla

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 30, 2014
Am looking to add an extra layer to my currently installed Antivirus (Webroot SecureAnywhere). does anyone has any user experiences to these softwares Voodooshield, novirusthanks and AppGuard I need the best which will complement my AntiVrus. in terms of effectiveness and are good detection rates.

Am looking to add an extra layer to my currently installed Antivirus (Webroot SecureAnywhere). does anyone has any user experiences to these softwares Voodooshield, novirusthanks and AppGuard I need the best which will complement my AntiVrus. in terms of effectiveness and are good detection rates.

AppGuard will provide the highest level of physical system security.

1. Ease of Use - once you learn the terminology and how it works, then it is very easy to use.

2. Graphical User Interface - the GUI is simple enough.

3. Real-World Protection - AppGuard is a default-deny software restriction policy software; there are no alerts where the user has to make a decision - AppGuard blocks by default and generates block alerts.

4. Preferred Product and Why - extensive testing against malware and exploits has proven AppGuard will protect the system if used properly.

Last edited by a moderator:

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I believe these three are very effective against malware.
But in terms of detection rate, I think this can only be applicable to VoodooShield because it also "detects".
AppGuard and NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro do not detect. They only block, regardless of the file being safe or malicious.

I chose AppGuard in the options because it's what I use, and that it's already tested to be very effective against malware. :) Of course, it has loopholes, which had been discovered. But which product has not? :)

But due to its popularity, I think VS will win this poll. :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Voodoshield strong component goes on AI and their cloud references besides on the traditional approach to block programs.

Meanwhile NVT Exe Radar Pro and Appguard came through their strong ability to paralyze the main threat operation once configured correctly.

Honestly it's a matter of user preferences, cause both three of them manage to prevent usual threats as possible.

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
now I use VS and I am pleased with this program, this program detects and blocks.
He used some time AppGuard is also very good soft but it only blocks but does not detect as well as NoVirus Exe Radar.
In general, all three programs are very good and I recommend them because they are worth our attention and use them.
VS has a simple operation, but AppGuard need a good set up.:)

Of course, it has loopholes, which had been discovered. But which product has not? :)

Everything that you've seen reported within the past six months has been added to the Blue Ridge bug tracker. I have verified the tracker.

I solved one of the reported issues on Youtube; it is just a matter of adding the writable System Space directories to User Space (YES) and thereby blocking file execution from those directories.

Whether or not those directories will be added to default AppGuard policy remains to be seen, but any user can add them on their own initiative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.