Deprecated VoodooShield releases (Older versions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lucent Warrior

Thread author
Voodooshield

SIMPLE APPROACH
Traditional blacklist antivirus software can no longer keep up with the 200,000+ new viruses and malware created daily, so VoodooShield locks your computer and blocks all new, non-whitelisted executable code (including viruses and malware), while your computer is running a web app (browser, email, etc.). Traditional antivirus is great, but your computer should be locked when it is at risk.

THE VOODOOSHIELD DIFFERENCE
VoodooShield uses a proprietary proactive whitelist snapshot approach to virus and malware protection. VoodooShield is a patented toggling Desktop Shield Gadget / Computer Lock that automatically toggles to ON and locks your computer when you start a web app. There is never a good reason to let new, non-whitelisted executable code run while a web app is running.

FOR HOME AND BUSINESS
Since most viruses and malware attack through web browsers and email attachments, VoodooShield simply locks your computer when you are browsing the web or checking email. It also protects the user space when not at risk. When used properly, VoodooShield will effectively block all browser and email based viruses and malware. VoodooShield does not remove existing viruses.

HOW VOODOOSHIELD IS DIFFERENT
COMPUTER LOCK + MACHINE LEARNING / AI + MULTI-ENGINE BLACKLIST SCAN

HOW VOODOOSHIELD WORKS
VOODOOSHIELD WILL TOGGLE BETWEEN ON AND OFF, DEPENDING ON WHETHER YOU ARE AT RISK OR NOT

OFFMode (Unlocked): Your computer is unlocked, and VoodooShield is learning which programs to allow so it will not block them once VoodooShield locks your computer. You can also change to this mode if you need to install or allow additional software. Your computer is NOT protected in this mode.

On Mode (Locked): Your computer is locked and you are protected. When VoodooShield automatically toggles to ON Mode, it takes a snapshot of the currently running software, and automatically allows everything in this snapshot. VoodooShield also automatically allows currently installed software and specific critical Windows system files. Any software that was not allowed when VoodooShield was OFF is blocked.

There is only one thing to keep in mind when using VoodooShield...
If VoodooShield blocks something that you would like to run, then allow it after it is automatically scanned.Otherwise, if VoodooShield blocks something out of the blue, then just ignore it and assume it was a virus or malware.

HOW TO ALLOW (WHITELIST) A PROGRAM

VoodooShield will automatically allow all programs that are launched while VoodooShield is in OFF Mode.

block-shield.png

If VoodooShield blocks software that you would like to run, simply click on the desktop shield gadget or balloon notification to scan and run the software. You can also left click on the desktop shield gadget to toggle to OFF Mode to allow additional software. You can also right click on VoodooShield for more options and settings.

CLOUD BASED BLACKLIST SCANNING WITH 50+ INDUSTRY STANDARD SCAN ENGINES
VoodooShield automatically uploads blocked files for blacklist analysis with 50+ of the industry leaders!

drag-shield.png

If VoodooShield blocks a file, it will automatically upload the file for analysis with 50+ of the top continuously updated blacklist antivirus providers.

You can also scan a file simply by dragging and dropping it to VoodooShield!

Voodooshield User Guide: Voodooshield User Guide

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lucent Warrior

Thread author
Voodooshield 3.45 "updated"

Download from here:
https://voodooshield.com/Download/beta3/InstallVoodooShield.exe

Change log:
  • Fixed: Multiple monitor right click menu issue. Right click menu now appears at the bottom right of the main monitor for more then one Monitor, for single monitor it stay as it was before.
  • Fixed: Editing a Command Line wildcard doesn't delete the matching Command Lines. Editing a command line now auto-refreshes the Command Lines window afterwards
  • Fixed: "File is inaccessible or no longer exists" bug
  • Fixed: other small bugs and glitches
  • New: Double click on one of the command lines in the "Command Lines" window will bring up the edit screen.
  • Fixed: a small bug with VS running in VirtualBox. The desktop shield gadget would not always refresh properly after flashing when running on VirtualBox, but it is fixed now.
NOTE: You will have to download this version manually as the update function will not detect a new version until the product comes out of Beta!

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Voodooshield 3.46 Beta

Download from here:
https://voodooshield.com/Download/beta3/InstallVoodooShield346.exe

Change log:

The following should be fixed in this version (along with several other small bug fixes).

• The “file that is inaccessible, or no longer exists” issue should be resolved once and for all
  • Powershell scripts should work well now
  • The majority of command lines are now auto allowed… but only when safe to do so
NOTE: You will have to download this version manually as the update function will not detect a new version until the product comes out of Beta!

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Voodooshield 3.48 Beta

Download from here:
https://voodooshield.com/Download/beta3/InstallVoodooShield348.exe

Change log:

The following should be fixed in this version (along with several other small bug fixes and optimizations):
  • Restore file from quarantine using context menu issue resolved
  • Chrome setup issue resolved
  • Changed method used to check to see if there is an active internet connection or not (that way it knows whether to upload to the blacklist or VoodooAi, or not) as old method could cause slowdown when using VS
  • New: Automatic update and check for updates now working for this and subsequent beta releases
NOTE: You will have to download this version manually as the update function will not detect a new version if you are using beta versions before 3.47

Last edited:

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
VoodooShield 3.49 beta

https://voodooshield.com/Download/beta3/InstallVoodooShield349.exe

A word from Dan:
Man, I never thought the VoodooAi 2.0 / VoodooAi Cloud implementation and the VS 3.5 refinements were EVER going to end… sorry it took so long. VoodooAi 2.0 is obviously the biggest and most important part of this version, but there were a lot of other bug fixes and refinements as well, but you will not notice hardly any cosmetic changes. I did temporarily disable the progress bar… it was causing a few minor issues, but I will enable it again soon.

I have to tell you guys… with around 10 times the features of the original version, VoodooAi 2.0 seriously turned out amazing and it far exceeded every expectation that I had. So much so, that we might soon have a stand-alone realtime VoodooAi product that will compete directly with the other next gen Ai products… although you know me, I strongly feel that the computer should be locked when it is at risk ;). It would just be nice to have a free Ai option for the people who do not want to lock their computers… although VS’s AutoPilot mode pretty much does this already ;).

Also, the realtime Ai scanner is pretty much ready, I will be activating it soon, along with the new web management console. BTW, the realtime Ai scanner will show the Ai results in Settings / Whitelist for all of the whitelisted items. Hopefully soon VoodooAi will be on the VT engine list and hopefully we will be able to list the blacklist results for each item as well.

So here is the latest version, it seems to be extremely stable. Although there were massive changes, I highly doubt there will be any serious bugs, but if you guys find anything, please let me know and I will fix them very quickly. The goal is to have VS 3.5 completely stable and bug free by the end of the year… we are very close. I think most or all of the bugs that you guys have posted the last couple of months are fixed, but if not, please let me know!

Thank you for all of your help!!! Also, once again, sorry I have been away and have not been too responsive the last couple of months, so thank you for your patients! Hopefully things will return to normal very soon… we are almost there!!!

Happy holidays / Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Voodooshield 3.50 beta

Here is 3.50!

There was a regional / language issues that was messing up VoodooAi, but it should be fixed now.

The memory leak and logging should be fixed as well.

Also, thank you Krusty for finding that USB bug… it should be fixed as well.

The only last bug that I am aware of is the one where people have posted that sometimes VS blocks something unexpectedly. I am hoping this is fixed now, but if it is not, please let me know what changes to VS’s default settings you have made… I think there is a chance there is a little bug in there somewhere. Either way, please give me as much information about this bug as possible so I can reproduce it.

Thanks again guys, I hope to catch up soon! We really need to wrap up 3.50 because 3.48 and all previous versions expire for everyone on January first!

https://voodooshield.com/Download/beta3/InstallVoodooShield350.exe

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Voodooshield 3.51:

https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield.exe

VoodooShield said:
I just uploaded 3.51... there were not any fixes that should have broken anything, so I just uploaded it to the public. Usually, I like to see if you guys can run the new version for a few days, but I really needed to get this version out.

There were tons of small fixes, and I think everything you guys had posted since 3.50 is fixed, but if not, please let Alex or I know.

Here are the main fixes...

- Added compression utilities to the vulnerable process list... I think they are all included, but if you guys find another one, please let me know
- There was an extremely uncommon silent blocking issue when VS could not determine the absolute path, this is fixed
- Blocking in Disable / Install Mode should be fixed, if not, please let me know
- Regional bug when the system time was changed to a different format should be fixed, if not, please let me know
- Drag and drop and the right click context "VoodooShield Scan" now supports all file types
- Logging bug fixed
- Too many command lines were being added to the list... should be fixed, if not, please let me know
- Xcopy was being blocked by batch files
- "Threats Blocked: x" to be a clickable button that leads you to the UI section that shows your quarantine/blocked was added
- A lot of other small fixes

https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield.exe

I will catch up on the posts and PM's asap, thank you guys!

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Is zipware on the list?
and how do you check the list?
to answer my own question, I think that "vulnerable processes" means the processes that are blocked from starting when a web app is running. For instance, powershell.

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Voodooshield 3.52 beta

http://www.voodooshield.com/Download/beta3/InstallVoodooShield352.exe

Here is the latest... I am not going to release it publicly yet, simply because every time I release versions too fast, companies that have a lot of endpoints get upset with me, which is understandable ;). So if you run this version, VS will ask you to update when it starts... but do not update unless you want to go back to the old version ;).

Anyway, there were a couple of bugs in the last version, and they should be fixed now. Please check the .zip / .rar / .etc compression tools... this should be fixed, but if not, please let me know. I thought it was fixed the first time, but I guess I did not test it well enough. The lag for items that used to not have a drive letter should be fixed as well.

This version is not super well tested, but there should not be any problems.

Please note: if you install this version and then autoupdate you will go back to the previous version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.