Deprecated VoodooShield releases (Older versions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I am currently revisiting some advanced security apps that I have used in the past, I must say that Voodooshield is looking good.
It is compatible with Memory integrity and Standard user account, is regularly updated, and offers support to home users. That's more than I can say for the competition.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I am currently revisiting some advanced security apps that I have used in the past, I must say that Voodooshield is looking good.
It is compatible with Memory integrity and Standard user account, is regularly updated, and offers support to home users. That's more than I can say for the competition.
I agree, when I tested Voodooshield recently on my main system I found it to be pretty great. They have definitely made a good app even better over time. Out of curiosity what else are you revisiting?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I agree, when I tested Voodooshield recently on my main system I found it to be pretty great. They have definitely made a good app even better over time. Out of curiosity what else are you revisiting?
I tried NVT EXE Radar Pro but could not get it to run on a Standard user account. I researched about Comodo firewall and found posts saying it is not compatible with Memory integrity. I contemplated Appguard but I could not get a trial, nor an answer to my query about compatibility with Memory integrity.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey guys, I thought this was pretty cool... they put the VS logo on a toy car. If you order one, make sure you select the "#4 Modified VoodooShield Car black" ;).

VSCar.PNG

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
We spent our first million on it ;). Just kidding, it was free. Within 2 years we hope to have the VS shield on Kevin Harvick's hood. I better get to work ;).

I will post a VS 6.0 beta a little later today or tomorrow, I am REALLY happy hope it turned out under the hood. BTW, one of the most difficult parts was redoing the anti-exploit code from scratch so that it works with the new web and vulnerable apps. It was pretty cool working on it 4-5 years later and realizing that tons of other products have now implemented the mechanism... although I have to warn you, several have not done it correctly ;), which is also why I struggled with it so much as well... it is not easy to do properly.

Also, so far I have not made any gui changes, and we may not at this point. We do not want anything flashy... being flashy is not cool. What is cool is sufficiently protecting the computer ;).

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hehehe, how funny ;).

Here is the first VS 6.0 beta. Much of it looks the same but there were tons of changes under the hood. Please let me know if there are any issues.

@OS... I think the WD powershell update block is fixed as well, but if not please let me know.

VS 5.95 beta
SHA-256: 8fcc81b482eeab5f5e842dc7ccca8ebefb4756f4b307f4c7e68858f822d6f6a7

Thank you guys!

Edit: I forgot to mention, I have not added all of the vulnerable apps yet, but most of them are already included. If anyone has a list of vulnerable / sponsors / LOLBins, please let me know and I will verify they are included. It’s pretty cool, all I have to do is add them on our server once and VS will auto update the vulnerable apps every 4 hours, and on VS startup. Same with the web apps… I just add them once and it updates everyone.

Also, in this version, the web apps are accidentally listed in the vulnerable apps (and they are unchecked)… I will fix this right now for the next version. Basically, web apps are considered “super” vulnerable apps, so they are handled in the web apps tab, and not the vulnerable apps tab.

Last edited:

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey guys, here is the latest.

I think you will love this new feature... there is now a button in the Web Apps tab that is basically... "Show all Apps that connect to the internet" / "Show only common Web Apps"

VS 5.96 beta
SHA-256: f2c16341165caa0f4c144f8738a536bca83dae0c35ac6667338ce703c4888486

Thank you guys!

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey guys, here is the latest... the same new feature I added for the web apps, I also added for the vulnerable processes, and there are tons of other small refinements.

VS 5.97 beta
SHA-256: 17a9dc4d6d7a9a568287b006cfe3727b45535dc2f1b984a3cc3c9fd1441ab854

Have a great weekend, thank you guys!

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
H all

Very cool, thank you! Here is a version that fixes the “Create Firewall Rules for Not Safe Items checkbox” issue. If you use that feature, please install this version, then click on the Create Firewall Rules for Not Safe Items checkbox to disable it, then click on it again to re-enable it. Sorry about that… I am just happy we found the bug now though ;).

VS 5.97a beta
https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield597abeta.exe
SHA-256: 4d7622bf1e7f62b6214a82d9fe27350ce9d2a55f8a0f5d89d25830d5937f23b6

With best Regards
Mops21

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.