Battle Vote for favorite Office Suite / which one is you using

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
vote for your favorite office suite, and if it not in the list, vote for last options, and mention below your favorite office suite name

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Reverted to Office 2007, and am installing the SP3 update.

I'll remain to stand by my word, that MSO is one of the best suites available (for Windows).

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Update
the new version Kingsoft Office Pro 9.1.0.4256 can save to docx
changelog

· New: Save documents as DOCX/DOTX/DOCM/DOTM
· New: Open XML documents
· New: Show Bookmark view in Document Map
· New: Support inserting pictures from scanner
· New: Improve the compatibility with HTML/XML

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
BoraMurdar said:
Update
changelog

Changelogs posted here- http://www.ksosoft.com/office/212-new-version-of-kingsoft-office-2013.html

A new upgrade of Kingsoft Office 2013 was released on August 13, 2013. The latest version for Office Suite Free 2013 is 9.1.0.4246 and that for Office Suite Professional 2013 is 9.1.0.4256. This release contains a number of bug fixes and feature enhancements.

Enjoy!! :D

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
BoraMurdar said:
Update
changelog

Saving files in DOCX/DOTX/DOCM/DOTM format is an exclusive feature of the paid version; the free version does not support it.

melen001

Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Hi guys. This is my first comment so "here we go"..... I have been using Kingsoft Office and it performs very well. Nothing to envy from Microsoft Office. As a matter of fact, I wonder why anyone would dish out cash for Microsoft Office with all the excellent software that's out there and for FREE. So my vote goes out to Kingsoft Office. Great piece of software and FREE.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
'Office 2013' is too expensive, so I thinking of buying Office 365 University, a 4 year subscription for £60.

Anyone use Office 365 including trial versions ? Can they used without an active Internet connection?

melen001

Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Earth said:
'Office 2013' is too expensive, so I thinking of buying Office 365 University, a 4 year subscription for £60.

Anyone use Office 365 including trial versions ? Can they used without an active Internet connection?

Why should you buy Office 365 when you have many alternatives that are FREE and just as good or even better.
Take a look at these alternatives, all are FREE and do the same thing.....

Free Alternatives

I personally use.... http://www.kingsoftstore.com/

Take a look......

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Mainly because Office is known to be one of the best, even though it has possibly monopolised in Office Productivity for many years. I'm asking if others have used Office 365.

I don't like Libre/OpenOffice, Kingsoft Office Free doesn't export to .docx (Office format). Google Docs doesn't view correctly.

About buying: £60 for 4 years is way cheaper than what others here spend of VMWare or Antivirus software.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
New version of Kingsoft Office Pro does open and export docx documents, it's lighter and cheaper than MS Office.
I am using Kingsoft Office Free, when I write some work which needed to be sent by mail in docx format I just create it in doc format and there is a lot online tools to convert doc=>docx.

Just sayin :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I don't think any of the 120 votes use Office 365, I went back to Office 2007. Thanks for the replies.

Not sure if Kingsoft Office is cheaper/better deal, because it's ~£30 for 1 Year (1PC?) and the other full license is ~£40 for unknown Years and unknown PC?
Office 365U is £60 (£53 on Amazon) for 2 PC or Mac + Mobile device for a 4 years subscription (£15 per year), with availability to use Word, Excel, Access, OneNote, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
In fact if you want to give money better buy the best and that's MS Office, I didn't google a lot for prices but 4 years subscription for £15 per year is a good deal :)

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
@Earth
Now we have a giveaway with latest Kingsoft Office Pro (latest version, can save docx) if you're interested :D
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Giveaway-Kingsoft-Office-Suite-Professional-2013--19122

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.