Battle Vote for favorite Office Suite / which one is you using

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
vote for your favorite office suite, and if it not in the list, vote for last options, and mention below your favorite office suite name

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
I currently use Microsoft Office 2013. The full version just happened to come with my Windows 8 laptop. I always use Microsoft Office for school work and projects.

At school we use Microsoft Office 2010.

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
Refuse to pay for M$ office suite when there are some damn good free ones. i currently use LibreOffice.
Edit: Switched from LibreOffice/OpenOffice to SoftMaker FreeOffice

Rollerball

Oct 22, 2013
Definitely FreeOffice!

Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are de-facto standard worldwide, but Microsoft Office is very expensive.

A good free office suite should be able to open all Microsoft Office formats almost faithfully, but have you ever tried that out with LibreOffice, OpenOffice, Kingsoft, Google Docs?? I have, it's a desaster. You can open most files at least, but the majority of those will have destroyed formatting.

FreeOffice is the only office suite that offers seamless interoperability, it opened everything so far from my Microsoft Office files, and displayed them without losses - great. Same in the other direction, when I save a document e.g. as doc and open it with Word, it looks exactly the same.

Plus, it's the fastest software of all, has a nice UI, all features I need, and a perfect reliability - no annoying oddities.

murray654

Dec 7, 2013
I am going to vote for Kingsoft, but I use Micro$oft because the support for docx is non existent on the free version of Kingsoft.

Kingsoft gives you more bang for the size of the download.

Kingsoft 45MB
LibreOffice 205MB
M$ Office 1.5GB

On Android, Kingsoft offers the best support for office attachments. Tried other apps and they all suck.

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
Microsoft had a free version of Office for Starters 2010, who using MS office by cracking, can use it, OK enough for basic operations...
http://www.downloadcrew.com/article/26083-microsoft_office_starter

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Rollerball, I have tried FreeOffice for a short time in the past. I decided to stick with LibreOffice/OpenOffice. I had compatibility problems with a file, thought it was the file (a docx) but it was LibO/OO. Kingsoft did the job. I'll try FreeOffice again on your recommendation, I'll let you know if that file opens ok with it.

I'm Me

Verified
Sep 14, 2013
My laptop came with the free Microsoft Office 2010 Starter. I also downloaded and tried OpenOffice. My preference is Microsoft Office. The free version doesn't have all the bell and whistles of the full version but it's sufficient for my needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.