Battle Vote for your favourite Torrent Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
Vote for your favorite torrent client There are plenty softwares available, but as only 10 option available here, i have to put only very common clients in option.

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
using uTorrent for long time, from when i learned about torrent. But, now its making advt. too much though :(

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Current user of - qBittorrent

Tried or Previous user of -
BitComet (long term, before uTorrent)
uTorrent (long term)
BitTorrent (tried)
Vuze (tried)
Transmission-QT (tried)
Miro (short term)

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I was a long time user of uTorrent 2.2.1 until I gave Tixati a go.

Feature packed and well suited for advanced users who like plenty of stats and settings to view and configure.

The Auto Bandwidth Limiter is great too, I can watch Youtube videos and Tixati will automatically limit its bandwidth so it doesn't cause the Youtube video to be slow and buffer.

I also like its built-in IP Filter with auto updating, it allowed me to get rid of Peerblock.

Here's some screenshots I took. Enjoy!

ipwWa30.png

c3NhVft.png

UDz3jR8.png

TmjeyBx.png

Y0QcMGK.png

GhqFEw9.png

Reactions: MalwareDetective

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I have used BitComet and uTorrent in the past.
uTorrent and Vuze has turned to junk, BitComet no longer in active development.

I switch to qBittorrent for a light client and moved to Frostwire as a full featured client with integrated search and torrent download features.

I also like Tixati and Transmission-QT since they are also light and simple.

My current favorite is qBittorrent if I already have the torrent available to download, if not I use Frostwire since it has an excellent search feature to find torrents.

Thanks. :D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
WalterWolf said:
uTorrent 1.8.1 new versions are full of bloatware.

The same applies to Vuze and BitTorrent.
It's good to see that Frostwire took good use of the open-source Vuze code and made a much better torrent client without all of the bloatware included with Vuze.

Enjoy!! :D

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
^^ i didn't know that after version 5.0, FrostWire relaunched itself as a pure BitTorrent client. I also got info that Deluge has also got a Windows version.
Found a Tribler 6.2.0 , new one to me, never heard of this one, also it has some good review.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
tapoo said:
^^ i didn't know that after version 5.0, FrostWire relaunched itself as a pure BitTorrent client. I also got info that Deluge has also got a Windows version.
Found a Tribler 6.2.0 , new one to me, never heard of this one, also it has some good review.

zuLJEpF.png

What's new in Frostwire 5.0:

- Search and download files from FrostClick, ISOHunt, YouTube, ClearBits, Mininova, KAT, Extratorrent, Vertor, TPB (ThePirateBay), Monova, SoundCloud and Archive.org.
- Magnet Link compatible
- Access SoundCloud and Archive.org
- Built-in Video Player
- Wi-Fi sharing for Mac, PC, Android
- Search inside .torrents and the cloud
- Internet Radio support
- New Media Library and Audio Player
- Completely Free & Open Source based on Vuze "the Azureus BitTorrent Engine".

Homepage

From what I have read, some of the developers from Vuze left the project and moved to Frostwire because they were not satisfied with the way Vuze development was headed (bloatware, adware, rogue ads, etc.)

The installer includes the optional "Ask Toolbar" to support free development. It does not display ads and does not include bloatware.
It will suggest downloading free legal torrents to support newly discovered artist.

The last time I tried Tribler, it was full of bugs and kept crashing so I passed on it. Deluge isn't very stable on Windows but runs better on other OS.

Thanks. :D

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
Overkill said:
Using utorrent 1.8.5 for private trackers and qbittorrent portable for public trackers
lol same but i use the last version of utorrent i've disable the ads,franckly telling if private trackers whitelist qbittorent i will use it :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Both BitTorrent and uTorrent include OpenCandy Adware, so be careful if you plan to use the latest versions.

tapoo said:
Wow!!! no one is using BitTorrent !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.