Battle Vote: Your favourite Video Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
lot of video players available in the market, and most are free. So which one of them is your favorite player??

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I have used about all of the popular video players and none have the quality of JetAudio.

You can play videos with poor quality with JetAudio and they look excellent, it can remove blur, choppy or shacking, can take video with small resolutions and enlarge them to full screen without distorting them. Plays all different formats without needing to install codecs.

If video quality is important to you then try JetAudio, you will love it.

Enjoy!! :D

Reactions: Chigwells

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Ok this one of my favorite areas so I'm going to share some of my thoughts :D

For me Media Player must have :

- Support for probably all the video and audio files
- Good integration and ability to change the specific filter or codec by external one
- Subtitle region formatting options
- Ability to resync the subtitle and save it in particular resynced position
- Ability to load external audio
- Ability to resync audio
- Good audio normalization and amplification (in case of lower audio quality)
- Ability to shutdown computer after playback
- maybe some more I cannot remember at the moment :)

So, VLC Player, SMPlayer, UMPlayer, Windows Media Player nad AVS Media Player are out of the game :)

I was user of KMPlayer for about 5 years, loving what new stuff they have been implementing for all over these years : ability to directly play Youtube videos, to record videos connecting to the Webcam, loving they interface and skin support, in v3.6.0.87 they have added an Instant View to view specified parts of the video without need to seek to that part, great seeking speed for HD or FullHD movies, especially encoded in mp4 or mkv with x264 codec...
But new 3.7 version added a PlusTab ( who is using KMP will know what I'am talking about), the stupid external window which is mainly purpose to download commercials and interrupt you in the middle of the movie.
And guess what? It cannot be disabled o_O
And yes, support are not listening to their users complaining of the PlusTab, codec malformations, and bunch of adware implemented into installer from last 3 versions of KMPlayer, all that developers care is money nowadays.

So... GOM Player is a good choice, it's beautiful, fast and light, but it has some audio normalization bugs, and it happened to me that wasn't able to play some specific movie and crashed.
PotPlayer doesn't like my PC, it has artifacts when seeking a video and I think it's probably connected GPU encoding, and as developers are only speak in Korean I could not contact their support

And at last MPC-HC, is the player that I am using right now :)
It's light, fast, frequently updated, has all functions mentioned above. Can be a little sluggish when seeking certain files but I'm OK with that.

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Littlebits said:
I have used about all of the popular video players and none have the quality of JetAudio.

You can play videos with poor quality with JetAudio and they look excellent, it can remove blur, choppy or shacking, can take video with small resolutions and enlarge them to full screen without distorting them. Plays all different formats without needing to install codecs.

If video quality is important to you then try JetAudio, you will love it.

Enjoy!! :D
Trying it right now, loving it!

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
@Littlebits
you are talking about JetAudio Basic [Free version]?? didn't try Jetaudio or other players for a long time :(

And for PotPlayer, i personally think that they should make a pure English version, heard that it has language problem....

Any Admin here please remove UMPlayer from Voting option, just noticed that its last version was on 2011, and add Jetaudio Basic
http://download.cnet.com/UMPlayer/3000-13632_4-75332747.html
www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Video-Players/UMPlayer.shtml
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User%3AOrejwan/UMPlayer_media_player

But new 3.7 version added a PlusTab ( who is using KMP will know what I'am talking about), the stupid external window which is mainly purpose to download commercials and interrupt you in the middle of the movie.
And yes, support are not listening to their users complaining of the PlusTab, codec malformations, and bunch of adware implemented into installer from last 3 versions of KMPlayer, all that developers care is money nowadays......

facing some problem with KMPlayer from 3.6version i think, but still got no alternative as of my choice :(

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
And yes, support are not listening to their users complaining of the PlusTab, codec malformations, and bunch of adware implemented into installer from last 3 versions of KMPlayer, all that developers care is money nowadays......

facing some problem with KMPlayer from 3.6version i think, but still got no alternative as of my choice :(
[/quote]

I heard that they released some beta versions, trying to fix the plus tab opening in full screen

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I never tried JetAudio. I like PotPlayer (and previously KMPlayer, but now I prefer Pot) because it is very light, it uses less CPU than VLC or MPC, and it can also improve the quality of videos, you can tweak its image filters to your liking, it's very nice. But you can't auto-update it or it turns Korean, and you lose settings when you reinstall. So it's a program you have to know how to deal with, but very good once you do.

JetAudio/Video is looking good from the website, perhaps I'll try it later.

Reactions: Chigwells

Well for me VLC Media Player and KMPlayer are the best. There are other good alternatives as BoraMurdar said, but the one i am using right now is VLC. VLC has a very straightforward interface. I recommend you to try them and select the one which best fits for you. :)

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Never tried JetAudio, but installed and giving a shot to it, and for this little period of it, I can say its going GREAT :) Thank you for your awesome suggestion LittleBits!

Cheers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.