Battle Vote: Your favourite Video Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
lot of video players available in the market, and most are free. So which one of them is your favorite player??

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
tapoo said:
how i can request Admin for changing UMPlayer option to JetAudio Basic/Allplayer??

UMPlayer (discontinued) has been changed to JetAudio, AVS Player (rogueware) has been changed to VSO Media Player.

Is that all of the requests?

Other video player options not mentioned are DivX Plus Player, Zoom Player, QuickTime Player and Kantaris Media Player.

I wouldn't recommend AllPlayer because it only includes basic codecs and charges you for any additional codec support. If you already have K-lite Codec Pack or another codec pack installed, it will not use those installed codecs. All of the codecs used in AllPlayer are internal. AVS Player is a scam, it is advertised to be free but is only a free trial, requires you to buy a yearly subscription service to use it.

Enjoy!! :D

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
I've always used Winamp but since that's been discontinued I've decided to switch to Jetaudio which has been really impressive.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
3link9 said:
I've always used Winamp but since that's been discontinued I've decided to switch to Jetaudio which has been really impressive.

I will continue to use Winamp until it no longer functions.
It is the best music management organizer and player with full media library.
Nothing compares to it. But if the time does come when it will no longer function, I have MusicBee installed with all of my Winamp plugins. MusicBee is the best alternative to Winamp. I do also agree that Winamp has never had good quality for video support, that's why I use JetAudio. But JetAudio does have the audio support like Winamp has or even the basic features of Winamp. Therefore I'm forced to use separate players for audio and video.

If someone just wants an stand-alone video player JetAudio offers JetVideo basically most of the audio features are removed it make it lighter.

Someone mentioned BSPlayer which I have never tried for video playback, I thought it was just an audio player, so I'm going to check it out more.

Good day. :D

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
@Littlebits.....
didn't know that AVS player is rogueware, thanks for that, never used it, so had no idea how is it.....
i know about Zoom Player, but forgot to include it in the poll though...

cdnsempre

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Littlebits said:
3link9 said:

I will continue to use Winamp until it no longer functions.
It is the best music management organizer and player with full media library.
Nothing compares to it. But if the time does come when it will no longer function, I have MusicBee installed with all of my Winamp plugins. MusicBee is the best alternative to Winamp. I do also agree that Winamp has never had good quality for video support, that's why I use JetAudio. But JetAudio does have the audio support like Winamp has or even the basic features of Winamp. Therefore I'm forced to use separate players for audio and video.

If someone just wants an stand-alone video player JetAudio offers JetVideo basically most of the audio features are removed it make it lighter.

Someone mentioned BSPlayer which I have never tried for video playback, I thought it was just an audio player, so I'm going to check it out more.

Good day. :D

The BS Player have automatic subtitles from your language.

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I haven't seen PotPlayer's video quality elsewhere (maybe KMPlayer). With low-quality video you can remove color blocks or denoise the image and get a great boost. The auto color balancing is good too. Plus it doesn't come bundled with anything, whereas BS has Conduit and Open Candy and jetAudio/Video has Ask. Also it has a 64-bit version. Really the best for me, very light and powerful.

war8itch

Sep 28, 2013
99% of the stuff i now watch or listen to is done through XBMC it does more than i require and then some .
i gave up on vlc and km player many months ago they just don't cut it anymore

Last edited:

Chigwells

Level 4
Jan 16, 2012
I'm with PotPlayer.

I did use KMPlayer on XP, PotPlayer seems to be its somewhat refined x64 successor.

Very versatile, never has a problem playing a video, useful shortcuts that I frequently use:

spacebar - pause, restart
↑, ↓ - volume up, down
←, - back, forward 5 secs
Ctrl + ←, - back, forward 40 secs
f, d - frame forwards, backwards (screenshots)
z,x,c - speed up, slow down, default speed
, . / (comma, period, slash) - subtitle sync forwards and backwards, reset
1,2,3,4 - different screen size
return - full screen
esc - minimize
Ctrl + F6 - change aspect ratio

I use it portable: preferences > general > store settings to .ini file

Turn auto-updates off: preferences > general > auto updates > do not use. As Jaspion states:

But you can't auto-update it or it turns Korean

And of course it doesn't have that horrendous silly traffic cone icon :mad: :( o_O

My current skin (with 'Random Color' so everytime opens with a new color scheme):

I'm amazed that JetAudio is good for video:

I have used about all of the popular video players and none have the quality of JetAudio.

You can play videos with poor quality with JetAudio and they look excellent, it can remove blur, choppy or shacking, can take video with small resolutions and enlarge them to full screen without distorting them.

I use it on Android as my music player, after it was recommended on a music forum for its excellent playback quality and musical special effects,
I'll have to give it a try :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.