VPN removing Russian presence (PIA) and all vpn should!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

antreas

Thread author
Source: We are removing our Russian presence

"The Russian Government has passed a new law that mandates that every provider must log all Russian internet traffic for up to a year. We believe that due to the enforcement regime surrounding this new law, some of our Russian Servers (RU) were recently seized by Russian Authorities, without notice or any type of due process. We think it’s because we are the most outspoken and only verified no-log VPN provider.

Luckily, since we do not log any traffic or session data, period, no data has been compromised. Our users are, and will always be, private and secure.

Upon learning of the above, we immediately discontinued our Russian gateways and will no longer be doing business in the region.

To make it clear, the privacy and security of our users is our number one priority. For preventative reasons, we are rotating all of our certificates. Furthermore, we’re updating our client applications with improved security measures to mitigate circumstances like this in the future, on top of what is already in place. In addition, our manual configurations now support the strongest new encryption algorithms including AES-256, SHA-256, and RSA-4096.

All Private Internet Access users must update their desktop clients at https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/client-support/ and our Android App at Google Play. Manual openvpn configurations users must also download the new config files from the client download page.

We have decided not to do business within the Russian territory. We’re going to be further evaluating other countries and their policies.

In any event, we are aware that there may be times that notice and due process are forgone. However, we do not log and are default secure against seizure.

If you have any questions, please contact us at helpdesk@privateinternetaccess.com.

Thank you for your continued support and helping us fight the good fight."

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Anonymous lives !

Down with the anti-privacy tyrants !!

LOL... it's because they can catch people doing wrong.

Surrender all your citizen rights - so we can deter terrorism - then afterwards we will turn our attention to ferreting out all the criminals amongst you - our citizens...

Guess they realize who did it best - the Soviets = "Trust No One and Suspect Everyone"

A

antreas

Thread author
Stupid russian. i hope this will not happen to more places in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AlphaBeta

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
All governments want more control when citizens loses control over governments.

As for this attempt of Russian government I think it will fail as many other attempts in various fields. Is it really feasible for Russian providers to log all internet traffic for up to a year? Then who'll control the controller etc.

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Well, considering Putin doesn't really like the internet, I wouldn't be surprised by the new law he signed off on. I think cold war 2.0 has already begun with US based companies like PIA being expelled from the country.
its 5 or 6 month later CG also remove their Russian servers.I see many VPN service do the same but they never said : " heey users we do that work heeey listen to us :D , its anti Russian propaganda :D )
but about PIA , I never trust this company , last year I want buy a vpn from them they call back me ooooooooh you are from Iran By the side of US Law we never get you any service !! ( politley they said me go home!)
another theory is : Russia want start cold war with US base company....(yup may be, I am not political man :) )
privacy is dying? :( i am so scared
Its not belong to Russia, its from all country , all govenment break users privacy and its a truth :D
all country has security agency and they do same :D
Stupid russian. i hope this will not happen to more places in the world.
do't angry at them, but its better, they said it directly, in many country you do't have any specified
law about it :)
Russian government honestly said: we want spying on you , I think its better than tell lie to people! :p (same as US government, they said we protect from you protect from your privacy and they... I refer u to WikiLeaks and Edward :D )
Anonymous lives !

Down with the anti-privacy tyrants !!

LOL... it's because they can catch people doing wrong.

Surrender all your citizen rights - so we can deter terrorism - then afterwards we will turn our attention to ferreting out all the criminals amongst you - our citizens...

Guess they realize who did it best - the Soviets = "Trust No One and Suspect Everyone"
nice Cm I love it but in our world it just as "illusion" sadly ... :(

Last edited:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Untraceable data illegalized... :confused:

A bunch of other governments will do the same.

There are many within the U.S. government whose aim is to illegalize all untraceable data and encryption - except for governmental agencies.
Governments say: Privacy is bad...Unless it's for us. :confused:

Reactions: AlphaBeta
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.