VPN Service will Block BitTorrent and Keep Logs

blacksheep

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 8, 2020
VPN.ht has settled a copyright infringement lawsuit filed by a group of independent movie companies earlier this year. As part of the deal, the VPN agreed to block all BitTorrent traffic and log IP-address information on its US servers. While this a controversial order, VPN.ht says that users are still protected as the company will stop using US servers.

Source: VPN Service 'Agrees' to Block BitTorrent and Keep Logs to Settle Piracy Lawsuit (Updated) * TorrentFreak

I highly suggest to switch provider in such scenarios. Here is short guide made by me for MalwareTips Q&A - How to choose VPN provider | Guide by blacksheep

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
VPN.ht has settled a copyright infringement lawsuit filed by a group of independent movie companies earlier this year. As part of the deal, the VPN agreed to block all BitTorrent traffic and log IP-address information on its US servers. While this a controversial order, VPN.ht says that users are still protected as the company will stop using US servers.

Source: VPN Service 'Agrees' to Block BitTorrent and Keep Logs to Settle Piracy Lawsuit (Updated) * TorrentFreak

I highly suggest to switch provider in such scenarios. Here is short guide made by me for MalwareTips Q&A - How to choose VPN provider | Guide by blacksheep

I never use US servers, torrenting is legal in the Netherlands, so use server in NL or Sweden.

Reactions: roger_m and Vasudev

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.