vpnunlockme.com - Is this vpn safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanduss

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 17, 2015
Is this vpn safe to use in terms of privacy (its free) it has fast speeds/claims not to track users but i just wanted to come here and check here
Privacy policy: https://vpnunlockme.com/index.php?r=site/policy
"
We do NOT keep any logs that can identify or help in monitoring a user’s activity.

You are Invisible – Even We Cannot See What

You Do Online

We Do Not monitor user activity nor do we keep any logs. We therefore have no record your activities such as which software you used, which websites you visited, what content you downloaded, which apps you used, etc. after you connected to any of our servers. Our servers automatically record the time at which you connect to any of our servers. From here on forward, we do not keep any records of anything that could associate any specific activity to a specific user. The time when a successful connection is made with our servers is counted as a “connection” and the total bandwidth used during this connection is called “bandwidth”. Connection and bandwidth are kept in record to maintain the quality of our service. This helps us understand the flow of traffic to specific servers so we could optimize them better."

Is this vpn safe to use in terms of privacy (its free) it has fast speeds/claims not to track users but i just wanted to come here and check here
Privacy policy: https://vpnunlockme.com/index.php?r=site/policy
"
We do NOT keep any logs that can identify or help in monitoring a user’s activity.

You are Invisible – Even We Cannot See What

You Do Online

We Do Not monitor user activity nor do we keep any logs. We therefore have no record your activities such as which software you used, which websites you visited, what content you downloaded, which apps you used, etc. after you connected to any of our servers. Our servers automatically record the time at which you connect to any of our servers. From here on forward, we do not keep any records of anything that could associate any specific activity to a specific user. The time when a successful connection is made with our servers is counted as a “connection” and the total bandwidth used during this connection is called “bandwidth”. Connection and bandwidth are kept in record to maintain the quality of our service. This helps us understand the flow of traffic to specific servers so we could optimize them better."

Research online the problems, pitfalls, scams, security vulnerabilities of free VPN accounts. There are detailed articles online.

Here is just a single example of free VPN discussion: Free VPN Service | Turth about free VPN account

Here is another: The whole truth about free VPN and the level of their security

Vanduss

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 17, 2015

First off, i'd go 100% against free VPN's. In no way is it possible for them to operate completely free VPN servers without any downsides. Assuming they are located in the United States, a simple letter of national security could force them to log.

Most free VPN users don't make choices based upon security. Their primary objective is simply to gain access to and download restricted content.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Do not use free vpn's. Do not use vpn browser extensions.

Free vpn's collect and store your browsing data and sell it to 3rd parties. You have no privacy with free vpn's.

Free vpn browser extensions are not secure. Most will leak your dns and your real IP address.

Your privacy is worth the 5 to 15 EURO a month for a well respected privacy focused no-logs vpn service.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Definitely would not use a free VPN unless really needed, especially if the service offers no paid options. This means 100% of their revenue comes from selling user data to advertisers, how would you like your browsing habits to be sold to someone, and for them to know everything you do on the web (social media, video watching, etc). Further more, free apps means that the app dev team is either smaller or underfunded so the app will be more buggy or even have poorer security implementations.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I feel better after reading their privacy policy :rolleyes:
They repeated how they don't keep any logs,your invisible,your information is in safe hands so many times it almost screams guilty as charged.
Their privacy policy and website repeats the same things so often it appears as though they are nervous about something.
Maybe nervous about letting go of all your information?
Maybe giddy nervousness about raking in the money?
Best advice concerning a VPN is get a legitimate service and pay for it.
Because when you pick apart that privacy policy something smells rotten and I would imagine you are going to end up paying for it one way or another.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2017
Good afternoon! I am the developer of this VPN client. I wanted to clarify how we earn money and pay for the servers. We show ads to users in a mobile application and thus pays its costs. What will happen: we will release and promote their products (paid) in Annex VPN Unblocker Free and thus will get an extra income. As for the government requests: offshore company and we do not submit to the US government. Your data is not someone we do not offer the privacy and write about this policy. Technically, this is done automatically by removing the cache. Ready to answer all your questions. Thank You that our product has attracted interest from users.

Good afternoon! I am the developer of this VPN client. I wanted to clarify how we earn money and pay for the servers. We show ads to users in a mobile application and thus pays its costs. What will happen: we will release and promote their products (paid) in Annex VPN Unblocker Free and thus will get an extra income. As for the government requests: offshore company and we do not submit to the US government. Your data is not someone we do not offer the privacy and write about this policy. Technically, this is done automatically by removing the cache. Ready to answer all your questions. Thank You that our product has attracted interest from users.

Hello mate. A lot of questions, I know. They're going ask this sort of stuff.

The program looks mobile-only to me, but I will ask anyway in case there is a PC client too...
  • Maximum number of active connection ?
  • How many servers ?
  • Dedicated or Virtual ?
  • Which countries ?
  • Do you support multi-hop ?
  • Do you support static IPs or use only shared IPs ?
  • Do you implement DNS Leak protection for 1st party servers ?
  • Do you support IPv6 \ user can block ?
  • Support P2P and BitTorrent ?
  • TCP Port 443 ?
  • SOCKS ?
  • SSL\SSH Tunneling ?
  • Persistent Cookies ?
  • Any external tracking ?
  • Server SSL Rating ?
  • Issuer ?
  • Is support via web-form only ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 30, 2017
Hello mate. A lot of questions, I know. They're going ask this sort of stuff.
  • Maximum number of active connection ?
  • How many servers ?
  • Dedicated or Virtual ?
  • Which countries ?
  • Do you support multi-hop ?
  • Do you support static IPs or use only shared IPs ?
  • Do you implement DNS Leak protection for 1st party servers ?
  • Do you support IPv6 \ user can block ?
  • Support P2P and BitTorrent ?
  • TCP Port 443 ?
  • SOCKS ?
  • SSL\SSH Tunneling ?
  • Persistent Cookies ?
  • Any external tracking ?
  • Server SSL Rating ?
  • Issuer ?
  • Is support via web-form only ?

1) you are about limits per VPN server or per user session ?
2) currently 49 servers
3) dedicated and virtual. To date, to purchase all of the virtual is not possible to
4)The Netherlands, USA, Germany, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Singapore, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Japan, Norway, Ukraine and France
5) no
6) shared only (now)
7)yes (local DNS server on every VPN server)
8)ipV6 not used (now)
9) yes (partial)
10) yes
11) not tested
12)not tested
13) what are this mean in VPN context ? (this a VPN but not a PROXY)
14) no
15) not tetsted
16) this about developer(hwo are ?) or about something else ?
17) Support form via the web form, so you can write on e-mail support, indicating treatment topics (support@vpnunlockme.com)

W

Wave

so is this vpn trustworthy? or not?
Take everything with a grain of salt and don't expect too much, that way you won't be disappointed. IMO I would just go for CyberGhost because they are definitely trusted and respectable, and also offer a decent free version which has never failed me.

Stay away from browser extension "VPN" like @Zero Knowledge said, since it won't work properly... More a proxy. ;) They won't be as secure. An example would be ZenMate extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.