Do you have this issue too (if you have installed Fall Creators Update)?

• Total voters

steel9

Level 4
Verified
Recently after updating Windows 10 to Fall Creators Update (1709) (I think this started to happen after clicking the "forgot password" button on the sign in screen, just a theory), all messages on the shutdown/boot screen in Windows (for example "Shutting down", "Restarting", "Welcome", ...) became replaced with "Just a moment". It isn't a huge inconvenience, but "Working with updates" also got replaced by it, so I don't know if the computer is installing updates or is stuck at shutting down for example if it takes a long time.
I don't expect anyone to have a solution, I'm just wondering if someone else has this problem. SFC and DISM didn't help me, changing the system language did not help.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Everything is good here but just a question: have you forced the update or have you got it via automatic way?
I say this because my Lenovo desktop still didn't get FCU (probably because of known incompatibility and they are working for that), while Toshiba and HP are automatically updated without problems.

steel9

Level 4
Verified
Everything is good here but just a question: have you forced the update or have you got it via automatic way?
I say this because my Lenovo desktop still didn't get FCU (probably because of known incompatibility and they are working for that), while Toshiba and HP are automatically updated without problems.
Forced the update, because I didn't get it automatically, and also I was having problems with Windows Defender not disabling when using 3rd party antivirus, which 1709 seemed to fix after some other tweaks.

Windows Defender Shill

Level 7
Verified
Forced the update, because I didn't get it automatically, and also I was having problems with Windows Defender not disabling when using 3rd party antivirus, which 1709 seemed to fix after some other tweaks.
Hope everything works out for you. Feature updates need to occur less frequently in my opinion. I hold my breath every time they happen, hoping it manages to boot back up.

Reactions: steel9