W10: Anyone else having all "Shutting down", "Restarting", ... replaced with "Just a moment"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoherentCrayon

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 23, 2017
Recently after updating Windows 10 to Fall Creators Update (1709) (I think this started to happen after clicking the "forgot password" button on the sign in screen, just a theory), all messages on the shutdown/boot screen in Windows (for example "Shutting down", "Restarting", "Welcome", ...) became replaced with "Just a moment". It isn't a huge inconvenience, but "Working with updates" also got replaced by it, so I don't know if the computer is installing updates or is stuck at shutting down for example if it takes a long time.
I don't expect anyone to have a solution, I'm just wondering if someone else has this problem. SFC and DISM didn't help me, changing the system language did not help.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Everything is good here but just a question: have you forced the update or have you got it via automatic way?
I say this because my Lenovo desktop still didn't get FCU (probably because of known incompatibility and they are working for that), while Toshiba and HP are automatically updated without problems.

CoherentCrayon

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 23, 2017
Everything is good here but just a question: have you forced the update or have you got it via automatic way?
I say this because my Lenovo desktop still didn't get FCU (probably because of known incompatibility and they are working for that), while Toshiba and HP are automatically updated without problems.
Forced the update, because I didn't get it automatically, and also I was having problems with Windows Defender not disabling when using 3rd party antivirus, which 1709 seemed to fix after some other tweaks.

Windows Defender Shill

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2017
Forced the update, because I didn't get it automatically, and also I was having problems with Windows Defender not disabling when using 3rd party antivirus, which 1709 seemed to fix after some other tweaks.
Hope everything works out for you. Feature updates need to occur less frequently in my opinion. I hold my breath every time they happen, hoping it manages to boot back up.

Reactions: CoherentCrayon
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.