Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Outlook Express was becoming hopelessly dysfunctional, so I installed Thunderbird Sunday night. As of Wednesday the darn thing was still downloading my Inbox over and over and over again, eating up way too much of my processing power. Today I uninstalled Thunderbird and reinstalled it anew. This time was different in that I got the Import Wizard to come up. But now Thunderbird is bogged down in an excruciatingly slow Inbox download which may be repetitive. If the darn thing is still downloading the Inbox tomorrow, I have had it.

I am not interested in webmail. I already have it with my ISP, and that is a good thing. But my unmovable preference is to work with email in a freestanding application. Suggestions for the best freestanding email clients are welcome.

Computer: DELL Dimension 2400
CPU: Intel Pentium 4-2667 (Northwood, D1)
2666 MHz (20.00x133.3) @ 2658 MHz (20.00x132.9)
Motherboard: DELL 0G1548
Chipset: Intel 845GEV (Brookdale-GEV) + ICH4
Memory: 2048 MBytes @ 166 MHz, 2.5-3-3-7
- 1024 MB PC3200 DDR-SDRAM - Kingston K
- 1024 MB PC3200 DDR-SDRAM - Kingston K
Graphics: Intel 82845G/GL/GV Graphics Controller [DELL]
Intel i845G(L) Integrated, 64 MB
Drive: WL120GPA872, 117.2 GB, E-IDE (ATA-7)
Drive: HGST HTS545050A7E380, 488.4 GB, Serial ATA 3Gb/s <-> USB
Drive: SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252S, CD-R Writer
Sound: Creative Technology SB Live! Series Audio Processor
Network: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8139 PCI Fast Ethernet NIC [A/B/C]
Network: Broadcom 4401 10/100 Integrated Controller
Antivirus: ESET Smart Security 9.0.408.0
Firewall: ESET Smart Security 9.0.408.0
Default Browser: Maxthon

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
I'm using the email that comes with Windows 10. I've been really surprised I really like it, maybe give it a try you might like it to.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I have found MailBird to be an "acceptacle" client
and Lifetime Licenses are not too expensive.
It is now my default Mail client for Outlook.
Here's a link if you want a look.
Don't like Outlook? Get Mailbird.
I used to use eM Client and liked it too, it may be worth a look.
eM Client
Good luck ;)

I double this, both eM Client and MailBird are superb replacements for ThunderBird and the Windows Mail App. Currently using MailBird on a free 1 year license I got awhile back, once this runs out I'm definitely considering on purchasing a lifetime one

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Upon reinstall Thunderbird took a long time on Inbox downloading, but thank God it finally did finish. So now things seem to be going pretty well. This thread is a good one to bookmark for possible future use.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

Can register Mailbird with non-genuine name and email addresses like ProtonMail or Tutanota? And is Mailbird a secure email like ProtonMail or Tutanota?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.