Want to purchase new laptop, need suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hi all I am planning to purchase a new Laptop. Its in the budget of 40000 INR, does any one have some good idea about it? Please share ur responses as soon possible with me. I am looking for a 5th gen processor build, is it worth going for it?
Thankyou.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
What is the purpose of using ur new lappy? For gaming/office work/normal home use/multitasking & heavy utilization? Mind u that lappy I5 process r limited to 2 cores not 4 cores, i can't say for all lappy i5 processes plus their smart cache is lesser then desktop version.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Half of the i7s only have two cores as well; the "Q" suffix is quad core.

@Koroke San is right: without knowing what you're using it for it is impossible to make a recommendation

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
What is the purpose of using ur new lappy? For gaming/office work/normal home use/multitasking & heavy utilization? Mind u that lappy I5 process r limited to 2 cores not 4 cores, i can't say for all lappy i5 processes plus their smart cache is lesser then desktop version.
It doesnt matter for what purpose i may use the laptop. Since i have mentioned the budget, it would be easier for u to suggest

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Um, no. I've been building/selling custom PCs longer than you've been breathing. I don't know why some ask for expertise and then argue with it.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
40K RUP is what? 550 euro? I am not sure if the price tag in India of a i5/7 is reasonable but here 550 euro would mean a rather low budget lappy. And if this applies to India as well then going i5 with a bit of ram might not be that bad... as it would be pretty much the top end of the low budget lappies..

So pick ur poison as it really does not matter much which CPU even a i3 would do fine... just make sure it has dedi grafic card and a good amount of RAM... that would be your basic.. setup.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I am looking for a 5th gen processor build, is it worth going for it?
Thankyou.
How can i tell is it worth for u since u don't tell us what u gonna use it for?Also why u need i5 5th generation? Are you a home user who just surf net/do social networking mostly or something else? Also which branded laptop u most prefer/how many battery cell u prefer 4 or more then 4 ( better battery backup)/what resolution u want (HD/full HD)/ do u want a glossy looking metal finish? Anyways as per ur budget -- i only feel this one is better then others available in flipcart - http://tiny.cc/pwgk0x

souhrid

Level 5
Jun 29, 2012
Asus LJ-XX177H and the LJ-XX132H
The LJ-XX177H has a 5th Generation Intel Core i3-5010U
processor clocked at 2.1Ghz, and the LJ-XX132 has a 5th
Generation Intel Core i5-5200U processor clocked at 2.2Ghz
(with maximum Turbo frequency of 2.7GHz). Both the
processors come with 3MB of cache memory. Both run the
same 2GB GDDR3 NVIDIA GeForce 920M GPU, and 4GB of
DDR3 RAM running at 1600MHz along with 1TB
5400rpm HDD.
www.digit.in/laptops/asus-launches-two-new-x555-budget-laptops-26465.html

Reactions: Purshu_Pro
D

Deleted member 2913

Koroke San,
Links you gave are for Dos laptop. Does this means no Windows inside?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
ASUS makes some very good lower budget laptops. I am a bit biased towards ASUS having had many laptops (HP,Sony,Lenovo).
I bought a cheap Lenovo back in December however I think you could do much better with another brand.
Here is a good ASUS which is about $30-$40 USD above your budget but if you can swing it then it would be worth your while
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232437

Another ASUS under your budget
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232601

You want something good even on a budget but your options will be limited

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Newegg shipping charge is terrible in India. it shipping charges cost 2/3 times then the actual product plus that laptop not available for Indian customers not even in any Indian shopping site.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Newegg shipping charge is terrible in India. it shipping charges cost 2/3 times then the actual product plus that laptop not available for Indian customers not even in any Indian shopping site.
Well that limits your choices even more

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
40,000 INR:

Pretty much it should be covered with this idea:

If you want AMD based processor type then range from A6 or A8 is pretty good already which equivalent to Intel I3 or I5 based.
Storage type usually 1 TB is already fine.
All features pretty much covered Wifi/Bluetooth

Now brands that should be consider? Go to ASUS or Lenovo; I have bad experience with Acer unless you wanted too check it

I'm using this HP laptop which almost the same as 40,000 INR/30,000 PHP, which may consider to check it though.

Sloth

Level 5
Verified
Jun 24, 2015
Asus X555LJ-XX130D, Core i5 5th Gen/ 4GB/ 1TB/ NVIDIA GeForce 920M 2GB. It does not come with windows so you'll have to buy it separately. But at the same time, you can't find many laptops in that price range that comes with GeForce 9 series GPU.

If you are ok with AMD apu then get this which is much cheaper, Acer Aspire E5-551G, AMD A10 Quad Core APU/ 8GB/ 1TB/ AMD Radeon R7 M265 2GB. It does not come with windows so you'll have to buy it separately. But at the same time, you can't find many laptops in that price range that comes with Radeon R7 GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.