Want to upgrade RAM in laptop. Which RAM vendor to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I believe it is fine since both are DDR3 1600Mhz, but wait for another one's reply to confirm that. BTW why not get Hynix?
Hynix is little expensive and not popularly available here. Since I saw many reviews as corsair is better I'm planning to go for it. Indeed whats your review over Hynix? Should I choose the same?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Furthermore run the ram in "dual channel" for better speed!;)
How to do that? Any idea ?

Well i'm plan to upgrade my pc by adding another 4 GB of ram. I have a pre-installed ram of 4GB Hynix manufacturer. So which ram manufacturer would be better with this?
Vote for ur favourite. Comments are also allowed

Last edited by a moderator:

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
After a long time i'm replying here. I would like to invite @BoraMurdar to clear my doubts. Well friends i have saved enough money now to purchase a ram. So i have some products to choose. I would like ur opinion over my search.
http://www.flipkart.com/kingston-va...=b_3&ref=99008186-6ea8-4592-9ac8-b76e484e8d30
or
http://www.flipkart.com/g-skill-sq-ddr3-4-gb-1-x-gb-laptop-ram-f3-12800cl9s-4gbsq/p/itmd55uhsgjgdehh?pid=RAMD55UH9GAZRN4S&otracker=from-search&srno=t_11&query=4gb laptop ram&ref=f7f0d1d1-cdaa-4621-a39a-e3aab853fb22
or if u would browse any one in that website for me, i would be pleased.
Thanks
I have read the previous replies, and saw that you already have a Hynix 4GB of RAM, why don't you go for another stick of 4GB by Hynix?
What is the speed of your current RAM?

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
I'd recommend 16GB RAM. But coming from India, I know it's not an easy choice. I'd recommend about 8GB RAM if you are tight on money. I think you should go with Hynix if you like it.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I have read the previous replies, and saw that you already have a Hynix 4GB of RAM, why don't you go for another stick of 4GB by Hynix?
What is the speed of your current RAM?
Capture.PNG I believe its 1600 Mhz speed.

I'd recommend 16GB RAM. But coming from India, I know it's not an easy choice. I'd recommend about 8GB RAM if you are tight on money. I think you should go with Hynix if you like it.
First question arise for me for ur post is, Does my PC supports 16 GB of ram. If so how to find out?
I believe i have two ram slots and during the purchase of this PC i was fore seen that its only upgradable upto 8 GB. So how true is that?

Last edited by a moderator:

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
View attachment 33158 I believe its 1600 Mhz speed.
Yep, it is.
It's the best if you can find the same memory stick, you already have.
But if not, go for Kingston, it's cheaper and the quality is about the same compared to GSkill, it doesn't matter, most of them has been manufactured by Samsung anyway ;)

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Yep, it is.
It's the best if you can find the same memory stick, you already have.
But if not, go for Kingston, it's cheaper and the quality is about the same compared to GSkill, it doesn't matter, most of them has been manufactured by Samsung anyway ;)
Manufactured by Samsung ? Well what are your thoughts with Transcend ?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Manufactured by Samsung ? Well what are your thoughts with Transcend ?
Yep manufactured by Samsung. :)
Modules for RAM memory are manufactured by the same companies over the years, like Samsung, Micron, Powerchip and Hynix.
Like graphic Cards... It's manufactured by AMD or Nvidia, but rebranded (add cooling vents, increase pipes and cover) by many (MSI, EVGA, Gigabyte, XFX...)
Just take the cheapest one from any good manufacturer like Kingston, Corsair, Crucial, A-Data, Patriot, Mushkin, Geil, GSkill...
Sorry for my language, but memory-sticks
it's all the same sh*t.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Yep manufactured by Samsung. :)
Modules for RAM memory are manufactured by the same companies over the years, like Samsung, Micron, Powerchip and Hynix.
Like graphic Cards... It's manufactured by AMD or Nvidia, but rebranded (add cooling vents, increase pipes and cover) by many (MSI, EVGA, Gigabyte, XFX...)
Just take the cheapest one from any good manufacturer like Kingston, Corsair, Crucial, A-Data, Patriot, Mushkin, Geil, GSkill...
Sorry for my language, but memory-sticks
it's all the same sh*t.
Adata is available in a cheaper rate than Kingston. So have i made a wise choice in selecting Kingston RAM ?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I didn't understand...o_O
You mean, already used RAM, secondhand...
If you mean that, I never do that, always buy a new stuff.
Thank you @BoraMurdar so u permit me to use the above linked Kingston Ram for my PC and its completely compatible with the other ram in my PC na?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Thank you @BoraMurdar so u permit me to use the above linked Kingston Ram for my PC and its completely compatible with the other ram in my PC na?
No one can guarantee you that 2 sticks from different manufacturers will work. There is always a possibility that they will not work, but the chances are smaller.
Both sticks have the same latency, the same memory and the same frequency. They should work together.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
No one can guarantee you that 2 sticks from different manufacturers will work. There is always a possibility that they will not work, but the chances are smaller.
Both sticks have the same latency, the same memory and the same frequency. They should work together.
Thanks a lot. Well with all this i just have one little funny question. Can we add Graphics Card to Laptops as we do in desktops? One of my friend have a laptop without a GPU. so ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.