Warning if you are an insider build

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
About three insider builds ago I found when using shadow mode then exiting it my computer would not boot.
I had to use Marcrium fix to boot to get my computer back. I had to do this at least three times. I told the dev about it via email and never heard back so am guessing in the not to distant future SD will not be able to use in Windows 10 and the dev does not care. The dev keeps ignoring me and hopes I will go away.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
SD's dev is not known to not care, he just doesn't care about insider builds yet.
also if you're using insider builds, you're literally doing Microsoft's Q&A since they are releasing literal pre-alpha stuff

but like I said they go public and he don't care. I
f they are insider builds SD will stop working at some point is all I am saying. He did not care about any logs or anything. This product is now dead as far as I am concerned on my computer and many others

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AtlBo

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
but like I said they go public and he don't care. I
f they are insider builds SD will stop working at some point is all I am saying. He did not care about any logs or anything. This product is now dead as far as I am concerned on my computer and many others
The SD developer will ensure his software is compatible with the official, fully released version of Windows 10. Nothing more, nothing less.
Making wild, groundless, speculations that SD will not work with future versions of Windows 10 helps noboby.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
The SD developer will ensure his software is compatible with the official, fully released version of Windows 10. Nothing more, nothing less.
Making wild, groundless, speculations that SD will not work with future versions of Windows 10 helps noboby.
tried to explain to him the same thing, but he seems furious.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
A few builds before I had an issue where the gui would not start up. he sent an reg fix pretty much right away. this time the dev won't even reply. this time it is serious.
when you boot out of shadow mode your computer won't boot back of the MBR or something gets messed up. I think that is going to tee a lot of people off. I was lucky enough to have a usb stick with marcruim on that has the fix boot option on.
For now until he gets it fixed i won't use it. once he gets it fixed I will reinstall it.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
A few builds before I had an issue where the gui would not start up. he sent an reg fix pretty much right away. this time the dev won't even reply. this time it is serious.
when you boot out of shadow mode your computer won't boot back of the MBR or something gets messed up. I think that is going to tee a lot of people off. I was lucky enough to have a usb stick with marcruim on that has the fix boot option on.
For now until he gets it fixed i won't use it. once he gets it fixed I will reinstall it.
again, you're using an insider preview version of windows 10, what do you exactly expect?

Reactions: askmark
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
UPDATE: Todays insider update got Shadow Defender working again. Build 17120. Only thing still not working to be able to delete exe's from the recycle bin with CCleaner (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.