Advice Request Warning! OSArmor 1.4 not compatible with RS5 Build (Insider) and won't indicate.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michyon

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 18, 2018
Just a warning, it will silently appear to install and function, but it will not actually work. I have tested it and confirmed the incompatibility. (I discovered this when launching .exe from a non C:\ location, when having the advanced option checked, to block ALL processes not in C:\. I did further testing and discovered that none of the other rules are working, either. So I had to downgrade to Windows 10 Stable. I literally didn't know this until I did some internal testing due to another issue.

Also unrelated, but Hitman Pro also partially fails to work as well. :/ Guess its not worth testing RS5 windows now... My Lord. I would definitely advise against Windows Insider now.

-Edit sorry for the typo

D

Deleted member 178

My Lord. I would definitely advise against Windows Insider now.
Insiders builds are betas allowing devs to adjust their softs to it; , so obviously most security apps won't work;
People using insiders builds are basically beta testers so reporting to the soft dev is what you are supposed to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.