MonSpyder9

Level 1
Oh damn, both Firefox and Brave failed this test? What will I use as a privacy respecting browser now? :oops: Although I never came across this situation so I'm not going to bail on Mozilla just yet ;)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Oh damn, both Firefox and Brave failed this test? What will I use as a privacy respecting browser now? :oops: Although I never came across this situation so I'm not going to bail on Mozilla just yet ;)
It's not really a privacy issue per se, because no one is taking your data or your browsing history or anything. It's more a matter of receiving unsolicited and potentially risky "gifts."

Freki123

Level 8
Verified
Over the last year or so, Firefox had several security issues that were actively exploited in the wild. Chrome and Edge did not have.

I couldn't remember when I last saw an unwanted download of any kind in FF. (No clue if umatrix, adguard and/or any FF setting could have made a difference or if it was just luck).

Andy Ful

Level 62
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator

I couldn't remember when I last saw an unwanted download of any kind in FF. (No clue if umatrix, adguard and/or any FF setting could have made a difference or if it was just luck).
That is normal for most users. Just like most users do not need to pay any insurance for some years. The problem is that no one knows how to choose these years, and pay only insurance a few times in life.:)

SeriousHoax

Level 29
Verified
Malware Tester

I never either. But uMatrix/NoScript/uBlock Origin in medium mode surely plays a part stopping these since in the case of the testing done there, it was a third party script that caused the download which would've been blocked.