Webroot and HitmanPro.Alert's keystroke encryption = Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnyjohn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 18, 2015
Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus has stopped HitmanPro.Alert's keystroke encryption feature from working. Any help please?

Last edited by a moderator:

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I don't know the product Webroot, but if it by default does keystrokes encryption, either webroot module or hitman module dedicated to this task should be disable in my opinion,

if is not the case, maybe the cause is something else, maybe could report to developers for increase compatibility?

Regards,

Reactions: illumination
I

illumination

I don't know the product Webroot, but if it by default does keystrokes encryption, either webroot module or hitman module dedicated to this task should be disable in my opinion,

if is not the case, maybe the cause is something else, maybe could report to developers for increase compatibility?

Regards,
Just wanted to state, i agree with you here, and to be honest, i would ditch HMP. Alert, it is not necessary, and generally causes more issues then warrant it protections.

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I found HitmanPro.Alert the only solutions against HID attacks, "rogue keyboard devices", I made one myself with a cheap 1$ attiny85 that open www.google.com inside browser everytime is inserted into USB : P

I agree that, sometime, I experienced too breakages or other things inside Hitman.Pro Alert, but I found also the protection offered unpaired with other competitors,

in my opinion need take care, but is good software :)

Reactions: RoboMan
D

Deleted member 178

i used Webroot and HMPA in the past, and i never had such issues. i just create the exclusions in each of them.

Reactions: lowdetection

Cavehomme

Level 1
Verified
Apr 16, 2014
Don't run the two togehter, there's too much overlap, you're bound to get issues and possibly malware slipping through as they battle each other as to which takes action ;)
If you use HMPA in addition to Windows Defender which these days has great detection, and you'll have very high protection. Otherwise, try Sophos Home Premium if you want more features and which has HMPA integrated (referred to as Intercept X in their product info)
My Webroot licenses expired earlier this year, was hoping for product improvements, but they are still not there and so switched to these other products which are great, but will check Webroot's progress and detection results again at the next licence renewal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.