Webroot Antivirus Could be good

Status
Not open for further replies.

hateman20

Thread author
Nov 8, 2011
The updates that Webroot has made to their 2011 Antivirus has pushed Webroot Antivirus into the running. They are now a major player as far as antivirus technology is concerned.

Here are the key features that make them a worthy competitor.

It comes with Spy Sweeper and an anti-spyware that detects and removes even the most complicated and buried spyware known today.
It has real-time protection that will safeguard you by blocking and removing viruses before they have a chance to do any damage.
It's easy to use; featuring automated protection with scheduled scans, and automatic upgrades giving you constant, and regular protection that is always up to date.
They've taken their Antivirus, and made it easier to use, and more attractive. With faster downloads, and faster scanning, Webroot has joined forces with the creators of the well respected anti-virus, Sophos. They've integrated both anti-spyware, and AntiVirus protection into the software to give users complete protection. A highly recognized and renowned anti-spyware meets an award winning AntiVirus, it's no wonder Webroot's AntiVirus with SpySweeper is the most preferred of its category by students, professionals and businesses alike.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
I've never used a product from the "webroot"
:p

I do not believe in all the software from now on.
I will use the software, if it is really good, and has been getting good feedback from users.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
hateman20 said:
Here are the key features that make them a worthy competitor.

It comes with Spy Sweeper and an anti-spyware that detects and removes even the most complicated and buried spyware known today.
It has real-time protection that will safeguard you by blocking and removing viruses before they have a chance to do any damage.
It's easy to use; featuring automated protection with scheduled scans, and automatic upgrades giving you constant, and regular protection that is always up to date.
They've taken their Antivirus, and made it easier to use, and more attractive. With faster downloads, and faster scanning, Webroot has joined forces with the creators of the well respected anti-virus, Sophos. They've integrated both anti-spyware, and AntiVirus protection into the software to give users complete protection. A highly recognized and renowned anti-spyware meets an award winning AntiVirus, it's no wonder Webroot's AntiVirus with SpySweeper is the most preferred of its category by students, professionals and businesses alike. More webroot coupon
That sounds like an ad..... :p
Looking at your statement , I can tell you that Kaspersky, Symantec, ESET , Avast etc. can also do what Weebroot does, you didn't gave us any reason why we should believe that this suite is actually good.
Further more the price for SecureAnywhere™ Complete 2012 version is ridiculously high($80) while the antivirus is worth $40.....so the real question is why should any user chose this security product and not any of the above.... :)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Didn't manage to install yet a VMware on my system yet so I've loaded youtube and searched a video to see Weebroot at work... and found this video from languy99

Uploaded by languy99 on Oct 5, 2011

Did Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete had a bad day or ... ?

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For Webroot isn't strong like other competitors even the test organization that published by AV-Comparatives through recent tests.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Not saying to trust them, just to give some idea of how AV vendors perform.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
On that review it may just give a bit not accurate at all. So especially when the user saw its got a good review on that site then he/she use that software without any comparison to other site reviews.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I usually don't believe in written reviews anymore since I'd like to see an actual test of a product.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Would never use or have faith in their product now, and yes this sounds (most likely is going by the 1 post) advert for the company. Would not mind if you expanded a little more as to how and why so it at least sounded like you had a bit of substance of the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.