Security News Webroot antivirus goes bananas, starts trashing Windows system files

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I'm not a webroot user or a fan, but all the ones that are laughing now at webroot, keep in mind that tommorow the same thing also can happen with your favorite antivirus. I'm not defending Webroot too much as this error should be avoided at any cost, but no software is 100% bulletproof.
Good point, but @omidomi also got another good point.
They say: "if WSA does not work, it is your fault because you don't know how it works! "
Well, perhaps now it is time that some of them from Webroot, really take their own responsibility!

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Good point, but @omidomi also got another good point.
They say: "if WSA does not work, it is your fault because you don't know how it works! "
Well, perhaps now it is time that some of them from Webroot, really take their own responsibility!
Great you understand whats my idea "is" cheers :D

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
This is funny.

Just received an email from Webroot regarding my free trial for their commercial product. Their asking me if I'm still interested.

Well after what happened, not anymore. :D

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
The school I go to has a few computers that are running Webroot. Haven't heard anything bad that happened to those. Another reason Avast is one of the only AVs I trust. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.