Security News Webroot antivirus goes bananas, starts trashing Windows system files

Evandro

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 20, 2014
That's why I'm very satisfied with my Dr.Web Security Space suite and SpyShelter Premium anti-keylogger, and do not plan on swapping them anytime soon!

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
That's why I'm very satisfied with my Dr.Web Security Space suite and SpyShelter Premium anti-keylogger, and do not plan on swapping them anytime soon!
i tested Dr.web beware of its BB blocker its much weaker than the others, but its a good AV specially web blocker, just don't do something dangerous with it.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I have a 3 year license to Dr. Web I don't use and have no use for.

I love the product but the false positives got annoying. But the real problem is, Dr. Web can't handle internet connections over 450Mbps. It totally throttles anything over 450Mbps. Even without the firewall installed it caps out my internet at 450Mbps. This is a huge problem for me because I am on a 1000Mbps connection. Unfortunately their support seems to lack in English so I was never able to work through this with them. I tested this on multiple machines, multiple settings/configurations of Dr. Web and it still throttled so it had to go away and I had to go back to Trend.

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
I have a 3 year license to Dr. Web I don't use and have no use for.

I love the product but the false positives got annoying. But the real problem is, Dr. Web can't handle internet connections over 450Mbps. It totally throttles anything over 450Mbps. Even without the firewall installed it caps out my internet at 450Mbps. This is a huge problem for me because I am on a 1000Mbps connection. Unfortunately their support seems to lack in English so I was never able to work through this with them. I tested this on multiple machines, multiple settings/configurations of Dr. Web and it still throttled so it had to go away and I had to go back to Trend.

their support is really slow, even in responding to submitted files.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I wouldn't be surprised if this thread gets locked soon.

But in case it doesn't, guys remember that this thread is about Webroot's update issue. It might be for the best to take other conversations to either your own profile or PM

Reactions: Petrovic

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if this thread gets locked soon.

But in case it doesn't, guys remember that this thread is about Webroot's update issue. It might be for the best to take other conversations to either your own profile or PM
I'm sure Azure Phoenix he's heard it all before.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.