Webroot got a perfect score in the latest MRG Effitas test

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
Test against wild, zero days, malware, keylogers. ETC

1.jpg

MRG Effitas, a UK-based independent IT security research company publishes an Online Banking Browser Security Report every year for the last four years. Since 2013, that single report has been replaced by quarterly assessments.

In the latest report Q2 2016 they have tested a group of internet security suits and anti-financial fraud applications whereby Zemana AntiLogger was one of the tested products.

Go here:

http://blog.zemana.com/2016/08/zemana-got-perfect-score-on-mrg-effitas.html

Click on Q2 2016

Scroll down look at 4 graphs, look who passed all four.... Some very big names didn't do well at all!

Last edited by a moderator:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I'm not impressed, this does not excuse them from the table,
why not just grow a pair and submit to the testing that most
do ? The fact that they play this game of cat and mouse speaks
volumes, so let em' keep playing it. :rolleyes:

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
I'm not impressed, this does not excuse them from the table,
why not just grow a pair and submit to the testing that most
do ? The fact that they play this game of cat and mouse speaks
volumes, so let em' keep playing it. :rolleyes:

I understand your point.... Still the results speak for themselves, they topped out Kaspersky, Norton, and Bitdefender.

If we carried your logic forward, then we would have to wonder why some name brands which are spoken highly of here on this forum are not in these same tests... I won't name the brands who are missing, but you can gather who they are.

Looks like G-Data, Avira, and Webroot did really well.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
I would use Webroot - especially on a laptop that I take to public wifi hotspots.

New, additional network protections from FlowSource coming in 2017.

Well right now I'm using Comodo Firewall, Voodoo Shield, and Win 10 Defender.... Voodoo works nicely, slows some applications by maybe 1/2 to 1 second, compared to just having Comodo Firewall.

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
I don't know how someone made the graph appear, but I thought the other 3 were even more telling, than the one in orig post...Feel free to add them if you know how.

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
Well I tried G-Data last yr and it slowed my PC down...I have a pretty nice rig too... But I found it on sale for 19. bucks 78% off, I did a custom install and it runs faster than webroot

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
Not surprise, if the basis where cloud detection is strong enough then definitely the result shown.

Obsolete signatures = newly innovated cloud detection for faster detection.

Webroot is already around to be top on such test.

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll have to run that thru the google translator. I am not totally sure what you just said, except I think you said when it comes to cloud detection, Webroot is on top.?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Rod McCarthy:

I will clarify my post :)

What I meant to say is, cloud technology will surely boost the detection capabilities (because of rapid response in realtime) compare to traditional signatures.

Since Webroot incorporate more on cloud then the detection rate is strong enough.

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
@Rod McCarthy:

I will clarify my post :)

What I meant to say is, cloud technology will surely boost the detection capabilities (because of rapid response in realtime) compare to traditional signatures.

Since Webroot incorporate more on cloud then the detection rate is strong enough.

Ahhh Now I understand, thanks for making that clear

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Does not surprice me.;)
But it surprice me Bitdefender failed that bad.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Are there any extended trials available for Webroot? Sorry to ask that here I just didn't feel like this question required it's own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.