Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
I'm back to Webroot on my main PC (laptop still runs F-Secure).
upload_2016-5-10_16-55-5.png
One way to strengthen protection is to tune heuristics to absolute max, as seen in picture.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
The truth of the matter is that Webroot is good protection, but not as good as Webroot and fanboys would make you believe.

I have tried cleaning my friend's computer many times doesn't believe in viruses and webroot doesn't seem to protect him or find any of the malicous files Zemana and Malwarebytes catches. Avast isn't that good but it has worked well enough for me. With a balanced config like mine you should be fine. :)

Last edited:
H

hjlbx

Thread author
One of the main weaknesses of WSA is that it does poorly against malicious scripts plus all vulnerable processes shipped with Windows are whitelisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.