Webroot SecureAnywhere 2014 (Manzaitest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Product name
Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus
Pros
  • Easy to use, good detection, very low ram usage
CONS
Not pro-activ defense ?
M

Manzai

Thread author
what you mean by "no pro-active defense"?

Je peux parler en français ? :( Si oui => J'ai remarqué que Webroot n'a pas bloqué une menace de façon comportemental, tout simplement :)

English (tentions aux fautes :D ) => I noticed that Webroot did not block a threat in a behavioral way, simply :)

Reactions: Ulikedat

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
PC Security Channel sent me this on YouTube regarding my inquiry if he would recommend WebRoot SecureAnywhere 8.0.4.68:

Not really .Webroot has failed to remove malware let in on several occasions allowing malware to overrun the system. Its behavior blocker is not that good and its detection rate is just unacceptable especially now....that windows defender can do better.
I agree with the fact that its light and completely cloud based but I would not recommend using Webroot because its malware prevention capabilities are not sufficient.
Regards,
The PC Security Channel.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
really??

http://malwaretips.com/threads/how-wsa-works.11871/

note than even AV-C is planning to do a dedicated procedure to test WSA because the way it works (means detection/proactivity) is different than other AVs ;also WSA cloud is less efficient in VMs , network issues (it was in the past, don't know if it is fixed).

with webroot you don't care if the malware is removed or not, because WSA will journal its behavior and restrict it until it is black or whitelisted; then remove or allow it accordingly.

thanks.

if you want to see its pro-active , set it to maximum. if not the BB works like a file rep asking the community and cloud for answer

M

Manzai

Thread author
if you want to see its pro-active , set it to maximum. if not the BB works like a file rep asking the community and cloud for answer

Merci de la réponse / Thanks :)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
now i don't say WSA is invincible, but people , you have to know how the solution you test really works, each are different ; and learning their behaviors takes time; it is why i don't publish my own malware-testing.

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
Hello, guys
WSA 8.0.4.70 and earlier.. deserve as the Fastest, lite not hungry in memory usage realiable,
database signature always updated, compatible with previous AntiVirus was installed on your PC,
and when Install in seconds.

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
This AVIRA already tested on This Forums MT a week ago
image.png

image.png

image.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.