Jun 30, 2014
Képkivágás.PNG

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I have used it over 8 years without any deleting of anything, or any other problems. WRSA is really a great antimalware solution. And the light footprint is a great bonus.

Last edited:

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I used Webroot a fair bit a few years back, it was OK on systems that had common & none beta programs but for me as I faff with programs & betas I was forever getting support to whitest, which they always did quickly. If I didn't to this Program Data grew to alarming sizes due to monitoring. Obscure browsers were a no-no - I remember not being able to use Pale Moon. The support staff on the Webroot site were quick to demolish any who did not believe. However, that was the past & the situation may be different now, but that really put me off?

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
It's both RAM and CPU. I have heard about the writing stuff, but I have never seen it on my own computer, and I have used WRSA in 8 years without infections.

Reactions: Weebarra
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

In the hub I don't think it as succeeded in protecting a single system. I wasn't even sure Webroot was still being developed until I saw this.

The one time I tried it recently on a test system it filled the small 118GB SSD up with WRDATA junk in less than 72 hours.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

I have never seen it on my own computer, and I have used WRSA in 8 years without infections.

Over that 8 year period did Webroot ever block something other than a webpage access ? If not, then "no infection in 8 years" is just a probability... it has nothing to do with Webroot. It sure isn't proof that Webroot is good nor bad protection (which testing clearly shows that it just allows your system to be infected with the off chance that the rollback might or might not work).

The support staff on the Webroot site were quick to demolish any who did not believe. However, that was the past & the situation may be different now, but that really put me off?

Triple Helix was run off the Webroot Community by Webroot staff. Merely reporting a bug and you could always count on Triple Helix and Baldrick descending upon your post and viciously attacking like rabid dogs. Evidently the attacks by Webroot fanbois on anyone who didn't spout the "WSA is fault-free" line got so bad that someone really pushed back. Evidently they went straight to the CEO. But anyway... it's internet rumor stuff so who knows what the actual facts are.

But one thing is certain.. unfortunately, nothing has changed on the Webroot community. And so why test and report issues only to be assailed by fanbois ? Just let it rot...

Last edited by a moderator:

Muddy7

Level 2
Verified
Jun 27, 2014
Triple Helix was run off the Webroot Community by Webroot staff. Merely reporting a bug and you could always count on Triple Helix and Baldrick descending upon your post and viciously attacking like rabid dogs...one thing is certain.. unfortunately, nothing has changed on the Webroot community. And so why test and report issues only to be assailed by fanbois ? Just let it rot...

I for one am unsparing in my criticisms of Webroot on its Community Forum threads when I think its products or policies are not up to par. If you don’t believe me, check out my posts there. But I have not (as yet) been viciously attacked or driven by anyone from the Forum.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
I got hunted like a dog by daniel ( Triple Helix ) when I still was a webroot forum member , it extended to very lovely PM'S on there with a bombardements of the fword , it contained more swearing than a NWA song. his fanboyism extends to the insane....I requested the mods to take my account down ofcourse. but most people on their forum are very friendly and knowledgable....

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I got hunted like a dog by daniel ( Triple Helix ) when I still was a webroot forum member , it extended to very lovely PM'S on there with a bombardements of the fword , it contained more swearing than a NWA song. his fanboyism extends to the insane....I requested the mods to take my account down ofcourse. but most people on their forum are very friendly and knowledgable....

My interactions weren't that ferocious but I did get assailed a bit. What happened was, my inlaws were Webroot fans, year after year renewing it. The problem was, each time I went over to their house I had to perform malware removals. Triple Helix stated this was 'Not possible' and that I was mistaken, and requested (demanded actually lol) I open a ticket with support.

In subsequent days I sent logs and samples to Webroot Support with TH following along. Eventually Webroot staff said 'These aren't really that malicious of infections, more like unwanted infections, therefore webroot won't stop them in some cases because Webroot is very focused on stopping the stuff that actually matters.'. The case was closed after this with some TH insults my way that I didn't 'understand' it's advanced technology. The sad part is, I proved these so-called 'not really all that malicious' programs were actually wreaking havoc on their systems with constant popups, browser page hijacks, and high CPU usage of unknown processes... :unsure:

What a sad sad joke..

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
(Quote)
"Over that 8 year period did Webroot ever block something other than a webpage access ? If not, then "no infection in 8 years" is just a probability... it has nothing to do with Webroot. It sure isn't proof that Webroot is good nor bad protection (which testing clearly shows that it just allows your system to be infected with the off chance that the rollback might or might not work)."

Yes it has blocked a quiet a lot malware. I don't understand there seems to be so much controversity about Webroot. For me it has really been a great antimalware product.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Webroot is not only terrible but they don't even care to explain what they cover and what they don't. Their rollaback is rather stupid and they are left in 2010 in all aspects. I honestly don't see why anyone would want to use it.
Sure it's "light" i guess but there are a few more "lighter" option that not only perform better but are also clear on what they actually protect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.