Expired Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus 2013 FREE for 6 Months

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Product name: Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus 2013
Giveaway page: https://www.facebook.com/security/app_360406100715618

To get your hands on a free 6 Months trial for Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus 2013 go the promo page and in the PC security section, click on the Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus 2013 product.

Attachments

• webroot-on-facebook.png
    webroot-on-facebook.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 792

De_Haos

Oct 30, 2012
The strangest thing is that PC magazine ranked it first (99%). I don't know what they see in that antivirus. Nether is to say that i never heard of that program before.

D

Deleted member 178

it is a very good product. Not the best but still very good. Most people doesnt understand how it works.

De_Haos

Oct 30, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
it is a very good product. Not the best but still very good. Most people doesnt understand how it works.

Yeah i konw what you trying to say, and it is easy to use. But i now very little about it, we all know the companies like Kasperky Lab, Symantec, ESET, Bitdefender etc.

D

Deleted member 178

check the forum, you will find many videos and articles about it made by our members.

De_Haos

Oct 30, 2012
Yes i seen it. What concerns me is how Webroot manage to be better than Kaspersky or Bitdefender?!
Webroot wasn't menchened last year, nether is to say nobody comerciales the program.
It isn't famous like other companies. Just saying.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Don't know if its just a co incidence or its my doubt but I feel my computer becomes heavy after i install webroot products(maybe its hard disc problem). Even i restore my system from system image its remain same.
Only after I make full clean install deleteing/formatting whole disc my pc get back in normal.

P.S. My pc become unstable even after install rollbackrx otherwise almost all software run well here even software like kaspersky and bitdefender.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 178

@Haos: many products are not "famous" , advertised or heavily commercialized but they do as well or better than the big names. Also dont trust what you read but what you test.

@Stranger: sure if you format everything goes smoother since old drivers that may slow down/creates conflicts your system are not there. ;)

WSA seems heavier in my system than Avast. Surely due to the RT that monitor each files accessed.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
De_Haos said:
Yes i seen it. What concerns me is how Webroot manage to be better than Kaspersky or Bitdefender?!
PCMag is not a testing organization,they are just expressing their point of view...which can be (and in most cases it is..) not that objective.
I would rather trust a AV-Compratives test -or a review from our written review section than PCMag.
With that in mind, Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus 2013 is a very light and decent product which can protect you and with this extended trial I'm tempted to give it a try..

De_Haos

Oct 30, 2012
You think that Webroot SecureAnywhere is better then ESET or Kaspersky (for example).

De_Haos

Oct 30, 2012
First of all we know very little about that softwere, c'mon even everybody knows about Malwarebytes or Spybot - Search & Destroy and they aren't advertised, but that doesn't make them better then ESET or Kaspersky.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
De_Haos said:
You think that Webroot SecureAnywhere is better then ESET or Kaspersky (for example).
Well, Kaspersky and ESET aren't giving away a free 6 months trial so there is why Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus 2013 gets the lead in this case.

PS: If you want a ESET vs Kaspersky vs Weebroot debate then you'll need to start a thread in our War Room forum:p

D

Deleted member 178

De_Haos said:

Depend for who ^^ personally i hate kaspersky and love ESET.

WSA can run alongside any other AV, (this is a great advantadge) and perform very well in term of prevention.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
De_Haos said:

I will not say that how webroot is but I can assure that other two (which you mentioned) are very good product.

Umbra: Same here I feel avast much lighter then webroot and specially browsing is much faster with eset/avast/avira/norton than webroot so how every one claim its lightest ( I am still uncertain about its lightness and I think its fault of my hardware :D)

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
AV-Comparatives, AV-Test and VB100 says that webroot is not so good, I saw the individual reviews on youtube and the systems are not in good states after testing with webroot, so in my mark from 1-10 is about 4...

P

Plexx

Webroot is light but there are shortcomings for at least a few builds, having used them, which are the web browsing speed decreasing slightly. Not much can be noticed on a high end system but it is there.

Webroot is also not so good for online gaming for some odd reasons. I did noticed a slight decrease on FPS and increase on LAG whilst running webroot. If only I could exclude specific folder and do some more tweaks, it would be fine but not at this stage.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Jack said:
De_Haos said:
Well, Kaspersky and ESET aren't giving away a free 6 months trial so there is why Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus 2013 gets the lead in this case.

PS: If you want a ESET vs Kaspersky vs Weebroot debate then you'll need to start a thread in our War Room forum:p

That is nice one by Jack :D
Mcafee offers 1 year free trial should one :p

P.S. Kaspersky Pure offers 6 months facebook promo.

LawnTractor

Oct 20, 2012
Jack said:
De_Haos said:
PCMag is not a testing organization,they are just expressing their point of view...which can be (and in most cases it is..) not that objective.
I would rather trust a AV-Compratives test -or a review from our written review section than PCMag.
With that in mind, Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus 2013 is a very light and decent product which can protect you and with this extended trial I'm tempted to give it a try..

Just remember AV Comparatives, VB 100, do not like Comodo either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.