Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck57

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
This might be in the wrong place. Something is going on with my wife's computer that I've never seen before.

She's running an HP 355G2, Win 7 Pro 64 bit, 8G RAM.

She cannot open any app on her desktop. When she tries, a box opens up saying 'Would you like to move to the recycle bin'. It happens to all of them. Then it begins opening endless boxes with the same message. I managed to get Emsisoft Emergency kit downloaded, but when I tried to install from the download folder, same thing "Do you want to move to recycle bin.' Then the endless box cycle starts.

She's got Panda free, probably an old version, on her computer, along with Ccleaner and SuperAntiSpyware (which I think is useless, but you can't tell her that).

I saved EEK to a thumb drive and it installed on her laptop and ran, and found nothing. For the sake of MY sanity, I hope somebody can tell me what's going on and how to fix it.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Probably infected with a malware. Scan with a bootable USB Antivirus might help.
I would suggest you post here for some dedicated malware removal help.
It might take some time in getting response but you will be in safe hands.

Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Try with a different keyboard. Maybe the delete key is stuck in the down position. This behavior is not typical of modern malware, and is not a typical Windows issue, either. Some my strangest computer experiences were caused by keys being pressed down on the keyboard without my knowledge.

Upvote 0

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Try with a different keyboard. Maybe the delete key is stuck in the down position. This behavior is not typical of modern malware, and is not a typical Windows issue, either. Some my strangest computer experiences were caused by keys being pressed down on the keyboard without my knowledge.
Sounds like a nightmare 😂

Upvote 0

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
A few days ago, I put my smartphone down on top of a second keyboard, which was connected, and frightening things started happening......................

Possession is always frightening. Always have a bottle of holy water close to your computer. If the computer fries when you use it it's proof it was possessed. At least now your home is free from an evil spirit :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.