Battle What Antivirus/Security you are running on Win 10 32/64 Bits?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I am still with Windows Defender & Firewall.
Waiting for Comodo Internet Security for Win 10 to be released.

Avast - Dont like ads/popups.
Avira - Not good GUI plus no proactive.
AVG - Dont like the number of processes.
Panda Cloud - Not good GUI plus I find the protection decent but not good, etc...
Bitdefender Free - If new version comes up & I like it then will decide.
360 TSE - FPs prone plus some reasons dont like to use it.
Dont want to use the 1 year promo AV lic I have (I have decided not to waste time installing/uninstalling AVs. So I am going to decide on one & keep it until it gives me any probs).
Only free ones I am going to use.

Win 10 64 Bits

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
so far the only light anti virus I found were MSE and 360IS
the problem is that 360IS automatically upgrade to TSE which is not as good. after the upgrade I started to have problems so I had to uninstall it.
old xp with p4 2 gig ram

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I was using Fsecure antivirus 2015 till yesterday, but noticed it was a ram hog so removed it. Other than that, it worked ok. I replaced it with default windows 10 security (Defender, Windows Smartscreen etc), set UAC to maximum, installed MBAE free for Chrome protection. I also use Norton ConnectSafe DNS.

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Try 360TS (regular version) then. The security on each is identical; the only difference is the "extras" that aren't security related.
I've tried TS I did not like it, the TSE is replacing the IS version but not as good as the old one.
I'll reinstall internet security version 5 and prevent it from upgrade. hope it will work.
you are right protection is the same but it is not stable causing the system to freeze in some cases
Maybe I'll give TS 7 a try

cheers.

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Avast free works OK.
Emsisoft Antimalware 10 works OK.
Malwarebytes antiexploit free works OK (along with WD, and EAM not avast)

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
360 TSE with all engines enabled, next to none FP (okay 3, when I made a fresh install), no noticeable system impact, blazingly fast scans + removal / cleanup. Combined with HitmanPro + Alert for enhanced security. See my Config for more details. Much more happy than with BD (IS 2015 was very resource hungry) and KIS (crashed when scanning and cleaning up one of those Malware Packs, after that, had to reinstall Win 10).

Der.Reisende Sec 2015

Reactions: SpartacusSystem

ExploitBlocker10

Level 1
Verified
Sep 4, 2015
I am still with Windows Defender & Firewall.
Waiting for Comodo Internet Security for Win 10 to be released.

Avast - Dont like ads/popups.
Avira - Not good GUI plus no proactive.
AVG - Dont like the number of processes.
Panda Cloud - Not good GUI plus I find the protection decent but not good, etc...
Bitdefender Free - If new version comes up & I like it then will decide.
360 TSE - FPs prone plus some reasons dont like to use it.
Dont want to use the 1 year promo AV lic I have (I have decided not to waste time installing/uninstalling AVs. So I am going to decide on one & keep it until it gives me any probs).
Only free ones I am going to use.

Win 10 64 Bits
Completely agree on your points. I prefer Windows Defender over everything. It provides plenty of protection for the top threats. As long of your smart about what your doing on your computer and the web you don't need a AV with 50 features and "billions of definitions." The best security measure is you.

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
360 TSE with all engines enabled, next to none FP (okay 3, when I made a fresh install), no noticeable system impact, blazingly fast scans + removal / cleanup. Combined with HitmanPro + Alert for enhanced security. See my Config for more details. Much more happy than with BD (IS 2015 was very resource hungry) and KIS (crashed when scanning and cleaning up one of those Malware Packs, after that, had to reinstall Win 10).

Der.Reisende Sec 2015

I am pretty much using the same thing as you! :rolleyes:

Avast got so crazy with it's ads popping up. 360 has none of that and decent protection. However I seen it's adware detection is iffy. But I only have it's cloud engine on.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Tabeer

Level 3
Verified
Dec 3, 2015
My 1st choice is window defender.

Windows Defender runs in the background and notifies you when you need to take specific action. However, you can use it anytime to scan for malware if your computer isn’t working properly or you clicked a suspicious link online or in an email message.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.